LAVH 15 days post-hysterectomy and having cramps, normal? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

15 days post-hysterectomy and having cramps, normal? 15 days post-hysterectomy and having cramps, normal?

Unread 01-08-2016, 12:47 PM
15 days post-hysterectomy and having cramps, normal?

Just into week 3 recovery and I've started having cramps in lower abdomen, pelvic area. Also having "twinges" in the vaginal area. There is some discharge, no order to it and somewhat brownish. Noticed yesterday morning very light bleeding spotting.

Should I be worried or is this normal recovery? I don't want to bother Dr if it's nothing. Anyone else ever experience this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-08-2016, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterKennedy View Post
Just into week 3 recovery and I've started having cramps in lower abdomen, pelvic area. Also having "twinges" in the vaginal area. There is some discharge, no order to it and somewhat brownish. Noticed yesterday morning very light bleeding spotting.

Should I be worried or is this normal recovery? I don't want to bother Dr if it's nothing. Anyone else ever experience this?

Should mention that I had LAVH, uterus, fallopian tubes, and cervix removed. Still have both ovaries.
Unread 01-08-2016, 03:57 PM
Re: 15 days post-op and having cramps, normal?

Could it be ovulation pain? I too kept my ovaries and noticed my usual ovulation pain on my left side a few days ago?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-08-2016, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDA71 View Post
Could it be ovulation pain? I too kept my ovaries and noticed my usual ovulation pain on my left side a few days ago?
Interesting, I hasn't even thought of this. I was thinking just the other day that it would be "that" time and how nice it was not to have to deal with that anymore.
Unread 01-08-2016, 04:46 PM

I think cramping is very normal. I've had it quite a lot since my LAVH. My doctor said it was completely normal. I've seen lots of other women on here who've had it as well. For me, I don't think it has anything to do with ovulation. Any time you are concerned about anything, though, you should talk to your dr and make sure it's normal for you.
Unread 01-08-2016, 11:05 PM
Re: 15 days post-op and having cramps, normal?

I had surgery 12/23 I have been cramping at night but not bad, today all day, stomach actually hurts. I feel like a big baby because everyone says it has been 2 weeks you shouldn't have any pain by now.
Two weeks two days I am having pain just like the first day. I have done very well but not today and I don't know why. I think I will just rest and wait it out.
Unread 01-09-2016, 10:53 AM

The abdominal/pelvic cramping could be coming from your intestinal tract; it now occupies the space left by your uterus, and it can be stimulated by the same prostaglandins that would stimulate your period. Ibuprofen inhibits prostaglandin activity, so ask your doctor about that. Also, try supplementing your diet with magnesium, which works by relaxing the involuntary muscles in there; food sources include leafy greens, whole grains, nuts and seeds, and dark chocolate. As for the discharge, it's likely from your vaginal cuff starting to heal; perhaps our LAVH sisters can give you the 411 on that. Best wishes for your continued recovery!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register