pituitary tumor?! No News Good News? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

pituitary tumor?!  No News Good News? pituitary tumor?! No News Good News?

Unread 09-16-2008, 08:49 PM
pituitary tumor?! No News Good News?

Hyster date: 08/22/08 kept overies not on HRT

I haven't told anyone because I don't know the out come. I've been waiting for results after leaving two messages last week with no answer.
As usual, right?

Last Tuesday I went for my 2 week follow up appointment. I told the Doctor about the lactating which he knew about with my calling his office. I told him of all the aches and pains. He said he was going to take blood and check my hormone levels and tyroid. He said that I may have a pituitary tumor. The pituitary gland is inside the brain and controls the bodies hormone levels. A tumor and pressure from it can cause many symtomns including lactating.

So I'm waiting for my results from the doctor. The blood work is in, but I was told from the lab the doctor needs to talk to me. I called them again to ask what this meant and i never got a call back. The doctor hasn't called probably because he's been delivering babies or something. So I am going to put a call out tomorrow -again- to see.

Depending on the results I may need to have an MRI to see if there is indeed a Tumor and how large.

I'ts been exactly 1 week and no answers.
So is no news good news?

On the flip side, I'm sore and hurting on one side more then the other, having horrible sweats especially at night, up all night probably because i'm sweating like a pig, out of pain meds ( which was my only fun). I can feel my brian asking body where is my period. Its werid and sounds crazy and no it's not the pain meds talking. I only was given a little but I only have two pills left.

So there you have it folks. I could have a brain tumor. I went in with the highest intentions of taking premedative measures of not having cervical cancer and i come out with no tummy tuck, no breast implants, but possible brain tumor. I feel cheated. I'm really honkerblonked. I wish I could take my uterus and cervix back. I think the doctor should have done more tests and homework before he allowed such a surgery to occur.

Your feed back please......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-18-2008, 03:24 PM

heather76az

I'm so sorry you're experiencing this and are very worried whilst awaiting the results.

It may help you to know that some ladies here have complained of lactation, following their hysterectomies, since wild fluctuations of hormones can cause all sorts of strange or undesirable side-effects.

If you try a Google Search of HysterSisters (towards the top right of every page) you'll find a number of similar experiences to read through. Here's a link to one thread to start you off: https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/sho...ight=lactating.

Will you let us know when you hear? Sending all good wishes and positive thoughts your way.

Unread 09-18-2008, 03:58 PM

(((heather)))

WAIT! Now, I'm no doctor, but I have had the same EXACT thing happen to me and it wasn't a tumor. Just to offer my experience: This was all before hyster and even still happens now. I started 'lactating' about 5 years ago. They ruled out pregnancy and out came the ugly words - pituitary tumor...WHAT?! All because I had a little bit of 'milk' leak out on a consistent basis. I was referred to an endocrinologist at Emory University here in Atlanta, which did all sorts of blood tests which came back normal. The only one that didn't was my blood cortisol level b/c of stress, so back to the drawing board! Now, I had to have an MRI done to rule out a tumor...no tumor. I was scared to death! What could it be? After all of that, what was her diagnosis? It was one of three things: an antidepressant I was taking (currently still am), stress, or very sensitive nipples (uh, ok).
I know this is not really advice, but just sharing an experience that will give you hope, hopefully! Until you know for sure, try not to fret! I hope that you are able to relax, rest, and take it easy. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Love,
Jennifer, 26
LAVH/BSO-endo, pcos

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register