Help? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 05-05-2004, 12:09 PM
Help?

I am going in on the 11th of May and on top of feeling like I am going to start before I get there, I now am itching and burning like crazy! My first thought...yeast : (
I have already had the Dr change the date on me once. Is this going to interfere and make them change it again???
I don't think I can take having to change it and go through more waiting!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-05-2004, 01:29 PM
Help?

This may be a question only your DR can answer. I hope that you don't have a yeast infection....

I know this doesn't answer your question... but I am sending hugggs and special thoughts your way. I hope things get better for you!

climb
Unread 05-05-2004, 06:00 PM
Help?

Hi Sweetie ,

So sorry to hear of your symptoms. But I couldn't agree with Climb more.

The sooner you call the Dr. and get checked out, the less chance that you will be cancelled. And wouldn't it be awesome to find out that it was something more simple than a yeast infection and could be taken care of quickly?

As far as your chances of cancelling go; when you go in to admit, they don't miss one thing! Better to be well than sorry than sent home at the last minute. I was cancelled at the gate twice. Not fun. But neither you nor I will ever come close to beating the Hystersisters cancellation "record". So call your Doc and we will be waiting to hear the results from you, ok?

Hang in there, hon. This is the worst part. s s s

Much Love,
AnnieWoof
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-05-2004, 08:12 PM
Help?

Good Luck to you on the 11th. That is my surgery date also.
Unread 05-05-2004, 08:48 PM
Re: Help?

[quote]Originally posted by Sandyk
[b]I am going in on the 11th of May and on top of feeling like I am going to start before I get there...

Well, don't worry about Aunt Flo, as my doc put it, "You're going to bleed anyway. We don't care if it's your period that day."

Do talk to your doc as soon as possible about possible yeast infection. I did a one-day monistat treatment about a week before surgery, and then doc had me do a medicated douche on the morning of surgery. The betadine in the douche helps make sure you're as sanitary as you can be.

Also, my doc routinely gives a big dose of intravenous Ancef antibiotic once his patients are checked in just to be extra sure about possible infections. So, it may not be an issue if you tell the doc right away.
Unread 05-05-2004, 09:53 PM
Help?

Hi,
I know the stress of thinking something so minor can cancel this but i agree with the above post Snaguiness that there are one day treatments and they had me hooked up to antiboticis before I got to the OR, I know it is hard to relax but call the doctor and get the medicine in the morning and let us know K?

Hugs LIW
M

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register