Hospital Attire | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hospital Attire Hospital Attire

Unread 01-08-2001, 11:34 AM
Hospital Attire

I'm always cold . . . will they let you wear a camisole or loose-fitting sleeveless tank top under your breezy gown into the OR so that you don't have to try to get it on later with the IV and other stuff?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-08-2001, 12:03 PM
No undergarments

I doubt they will let you wear anything other than the hospital gown. My hospital wouldnt-not even socks. But when you're in the pre-op room, ask for a blanket. They'll usually bring you a warm one. Its colder in the operating room, but you'll probably be awake less than 5 min once they wheel you in there so you wont feel cold for long! Plus they put the blanket back on me once I was moved to the op table. Then you'll wake up covered in blankets in recovery. If you get cold, just let them know! Good luck!

Yvonne
TVH 12/13/00

Unread 01-08-2001, 12:19 PM
Hospital Attire

Hi, I totally agree with Yvonne. They will not let you wear anything under your gown. But when you wake up you'll be covered with blankets from a warmer.They need to be able to assess you while the surgery takes place, that's the reason for no extra clothing. Ask the pre-op nurses, sometimes they do allow those little hospital booties, made of cloth for your feet. Don't be afraid to ask, they want you to be as comfy as possible.Roz
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-08-2001, 01:45 PM
Hospital Attire

Ditto...they'll only let you wear the gown. But, those blankets fresh out of the warmer are wonderful! I had thigh high support stockings too that they had me put before I went to the OR and they helped keep me warm too. Afterwards, they added Kendall stockings (which periodically inflate and deflate to prevent blood clots). I'm rarely too warm (except during hot flashes!), but with the Kendalls on, I was toasty!

[Edited by Renny on 01-08-2001]
Unread 01-08-2001, 03:19 PM
Hospital Attire

Hey Renny,
I also had the thigh high support hose and then the inflatable wraps on top of that. They felt soooooooo good! The docs wouldn't let me get up the first 30 hours after surgery so the devices were kept on my legs. Boy that felt wonderful. Wish I had something like that here at home! Hey, did I just slip up and say there was something enjoyable about being in the hospital? Guess I did!!!!!

S@ndy
Unread 01-08-2001, 04:21 PM
Hospital Attire

gotta agree they aren't gonna let ya wear the cammy but I was allowed to wear socks into the OR and they did put a wonderful warm blanket over me in the holding area after they got the IV's in, they put something in the IV while I was still in the holding area and I have no memory of being in the OR at all.
It may just be me but when I woke up my socks were suddenly driving me nuts and I had a nurse take them off for me.
Unread 01-08-2001, 05:01 PM
Well, durn . . .

Thanks, ladies. Guess I'll just have to ask for the warm blankies!
Unread 01-08-2001, 08:29 PM
Kris

I loved your quote about hot flashes !!
That made me chuckle, and I will try to remember that !!
Thanks
Donna
Unread 01-09-2001, 06:24 AM
Hospital Attire

They double layered those snappy little apron numbers on me. Won't say I was as warm as toast, but it was okay.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register