Ultimate God works | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Ultimate God works Ultimate God works

Unread 04-09-2005, 11:04 AM
Ultimate God works

This has got to be the ultimate God works in mysterious ways ....

I have been doubting the strength of my DH since I knew this procedure had to take place.

This morning his best friend came over and without any warning tells us his wife has to have surgery on Monday ...April 11th. As it turns out she is having her surgery at the same hospital on the same day and is the surgery after me!!!!!

I feel so much better knowing my husband and his friend can go through this together!!

Two more days!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-09-2005, 11:16 AM
Ultimate God works

I call this type of thing Divine Intervention!

I was worried about the denial my DH was exhibiting pre-op, but when he told his brother that I was facing this surgery, he found out that his brother's wife (SIL) had a TAH a few years before for all the same reasons. His brother laid my DH's fears to rest and assured me that I would do well and feel much better once I was healed. I think just knowing he was not alone made a big difference to him.

He has been quite attentive and I have been accepting of my house not being perfectly clean...he is trying and doing a great job in my book! I tell him every day how much I appreciate him and all he has done for me. I find his caring to be VERY sexy...he likes to hear this!

Good luck to you!

maggiemay
Unread 04-09-2005, 02:32 PM
Ultimate God works

Talk about Divine Intervention. After I had been to my GP, OG/GYN and a general surgeon they all finally came to the conclusion that my overgrown uterus was the cause of my abdominal pain. I'd been poked, prodded, scanned, scoped, scraped, rode hard and put away wet. I was soooo ready to have this over with and wanted it done well before Memorial Day. Then my OB/GYN of 13 years tells me she's not comfortable with doing the surgery. She gave me a referrel but that doctor was just too far away. So I was faced with finding a new doctor and going through the whole process again. I was unbelievable depressed and wanted to roll over and die. My general surgeon gave me a referral but I could not get in to see him until the end of the month. I made the appointment but my hopes of getting it done with quickly were dashed. I work in a college with a nursing department so I asked around up there for a recommendation figuring a department full of women would have some input. I got a good referral but again my appointment was later in the month.

Last Monday morning I called that doctor's office hoping beyond hope that there would be a cancellation this week. What luck! They had one that afternoon. I had all my records, I went in, talked to him at length and I liked him very much. By Tuesday morning my surgery was scheduled! It's still almost 3 weeks away but I was facing a much longer wait and the prospect of going through several doctors until I found one I liked. I went from an unbelievable low to a high in the course of a couple days. Divine intervention indeed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-09-2005, 03:00 PM
Ultimate God works

That is awesome Tamie ... not only did God help with your concern about your husband, BUT it is proof to you that He is with you in this ALL the WAY. Prior to my surgery, I just kept reminding myself that God hadn't brought me this far, to let me down in surgery. (I was on the verge of cardiac arrest for years due to severe anemia) My last words to my doc before surgery were to ask him if he believed in God. He replied yes & asked that I pray for him. I told him that there were people all over praying for both of us & that I was taking my own "team" into the OR with me! Honestly, I had no worries at all going in because I knew I wasn't alone!! Still wonder if my doc thinks I'm crazy!

I KNOW that all the prayers were answered because I had such an easy recovery. (comparitively speaking) I went home from the hospital a day early & my doc was surprised that I looked so good when he saw me at 1 week post op for staple removal. He said most people don't look that good (general appearance, not incision) so early. When I saw him at my 4 1/2 week check up, he asked how the fatigue was going. I told him that I never had it!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register