Upcoming Surgery - Having Some Leg Cramps...Anyone Else? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Upcoming Surgery - Having Some Leg Cramps...Anyone Else? Upcoming Surgery - Having Some Leg Cramps...Anyone Else?

Unread 05-11-2005, 06:00 PM
Upcoming Surgery - Having Some Leg Cramps...Anyone Else?

Just returned from my doctor visit, and my TAH is scheduled for June 6 at 10:30am. I feel apprehensive about being in the hospital (and NEEDLES!!!) but mostly relieved that I know it's going to happen and that I'm going to feel so much better afterward.

Wondering whether any of you have experienced muscle cramps in your legs... upper and lower legs. I'm thinking mine might be to decreased activity over the past few weeks. I mentioned it to doctor, but she didn't seem too concerned.

When I feel what is like a cramp coming on, I either get up and stretch until it goes away, or I try to walk. If it seems constant, I take ibuprofen...

Anyone out there have this same problem and can offer some suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-11-2005, 06:22 PM

Hello,
Yes I too have the leg cramps. I can barely walk. I've been using a cane to get around.

My dr says it's probably because fibroid have used up alot of blood supply down there and now causing my uterus to swell. I also have the lower back pain too.

My dr gave me pain meds until surgery.

I find that elevating my legs while I sit at my desk helps and at night a warm bath too. Maybe that will help you too.
Unread 05-12-2005, 03:24 PM
May 13...

Tshel,

Just wanted to say best of luck tomorrow! I"ll be thinking of you.

I also think my leg cramps might be from low potassium... started eating bananas, and it seemed to help some...

We'll see
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-12-2005, 03:31 PM

Oh Thank you tunkin!

I was havng a hard time getting things together and staying home today from work has helped me feel a little more in control now that I have my bag packed, (check)

"just in case" letters written (I know silly, but It helped me put things in perspetive-more of an exercise of sanity for me).(check)

Important People To Call Phone Numbers for DBF when he arrives tonight, (check-I think this will make him feel better too.)

Insurance paperwork faxed (check).

Now that yucky bowel prep thing, a princess beauty bath, snuggle my bunny and my honey

and a restful night sleep. I think I'm ready or at least as ready as I can ever be at this point.

--I do think I'm going to need the nervous medicine still tho in the morning.

I'm glad your legs feel better and hope they continue to do so. I know how bad it feels when they don't. Bannanas are always good in my house - for me and my bunny will fall all over for just a morsel of one too. I get the snack & the floor show too.
Unread 05-12-2005, 04:35 PM

If you are getting cramp try a touch more salt im your diet. The banana is also an excellent idea. If all else fails try taking quinine tablets. DP get hideous cramps, so bad that he jumps out of bed screaming in pain but that only happens when he hasn't taken his quinine tablets.

choccie
Unread 05-12-2005, 04:47 PM

I have been having leg cramps on the left side which is where my cysts are located. Sometimes it's so bad I want to cry, but the pain meds and a heating pad help alot. I can't wait til June 8th!!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register