Surgery May 13, having some questions | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Surgery May 13, having some questions Surgery May 13, having some questions

Unread 05-05-2004, 06:13 PM
Surgery May 13, having some questions

Hi, I am 35 and have three boys (16,15,2) I was hoping to have my girl but I guess that is out I think that is the worst part of this because there will be no hope left. My Pre-op is tomorrow and surgery may 13, I have andeomyosis and pcos. I had a biopsy in the doctors office 4 weeks ago I thought he was just doing a pap but my cervix was opened and he went for it, OUCH!!! Biopsy is fine just showed hemoraging. I have had bleeding everyday since then and pain is constant exspecially in my back. He is doing a TAH with removal of ovaries he also is doing a bridge on my bladder is this the samething as a sling and what exactly is it? Well this make the pain worse and longer then just having a Hysto? I am scared, not about the surgery but the empty feeling that I am going to experience I already had a lot of depression over this and Husband does not understand at all he is all for the surgery. I am afraid I will be different I know it sounds stupid but having a stress over this. I also worried about hormones I watch my sisters face bloated up and have dark brown spots all over it. I am afraid this will make me old and I am not ready for that. Any advise would be great. Shellie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-05-2004, 07:49 PM

I know exactly how you are feeling. I felt the same way that you are. I think most of us worry that we are going to feel empty inside or be hard to live with. The fear of the unknown. It is scary and my heart goes out to you. This is a life changing surgery and it is not something to take lightly, but I can honestly tell you that I don't regret having it done. I am now pain free and feel so much better. My dh and children (I have three boys too) could tell a major difference in me after the surgery, (for the good). As far as the hormones go, I recently just changed to bio-identical and we are still tweaking them to get them just right for me. But I have had no major problems.
My heart goes out to you as well as my prayers.
Unread 05-05-2004, 08:14 PM
Shellie

I have 4 sons. After that I gave up and had tubes tied. Just didn't want to try any more for my girl. Very happy to say now that since they are all grown---I now have 5 grandchildren. Three which are girls. And you can bet that Grandma has them spoiled beautifully. So there is still hope you will have girls, just in a different way.

I am different since surgery----My life is better.
Work with your Dr. to get hormones just right, should need tweeking until then.

Many hugs and prayers for you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-05-2004, 10:07 PM

Hi, shellie
Im 41, and kept an ovary are you keeping one or both? If you can that may help in the hormone department.
But the PMS comes with me...dang...

I know about the empty feeling also, I have 2 grown kids and a DD 4, I knew I was done having kids, but even the thought of someone telling me it was no longer possible was very upsetting, it is a normal reaction go easy on yourself.

I am 8 days post op and very very happy I did it, mine too was a very sudden thing 6 days to think about it.
I did the bladder sling called a monarach, the nurse called it more like a ribbon, to help with sneezing and coughing no more holding your crotch when you feel a sneeze coming on. I don't think I have any extra pain because of it. Your uterus is attached to the bladder anyway (so my DR says) so the bladder adjusting the first few hours was the worst and it has been easy since then. If you had any back labor with your children? This is much easier!!
Be kind to yourself and have a heart to heart with DH, I mean if the doctor told him, he was getting his testicles cut off how would he feel???

Many hugs
M

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register