Scheduled TAH 6 days and counting! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

6 days and counting! 6 days and counting!

Unread 03-18-2011, 02:48 PM
6 days and counting!

I've got only 6 more days till my TAH! I'm excited, scared no where near close enough to having my house prepared! I've got so much cleaning, laundry and shopping to get done. Don't seem like I've got the time or the energy to get anything done! Seems like my surgery was so far away and now it's right around the corner. I feel so very overwelmed any one else feel like this? I guess I feel like i've got to get everything done just right or my family will never survive! Of course i've got a wonderful husband who would help me if I would just ask for it, but he's already going to have so much to do when I shouldn't be doing it. I feel like such a burden at times, like this in an inconvience. AAAHHH!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-18-2011, 03:08 PM
Re: 6 days and counting!

I know what you mean -- I'm also 6 days away from the big snip, and there's so much to get done!

That said, right now I am writing this on my phone, sitting at the Red Door salon (gift from my boss) getting a pedicure. And do you know what? I'm worth it! And so are you!

Let the people who love you pitch in a little. They will feel so much better if they think they're helping. And you ARE worth it!!

I don't suppose your castle is in Lake Forest, IL, is it? I'm looking for someone I can have wheelchair races with!
Unread 03-18-2011, 03:11 PM

I'm 4 days after you and I share many of the same feelings. My hubby is SO patient, I almost wish he would be grumpy so I can feel mad at him instead of guilty lol. Going to try to get the rest of everything done as much as possible this weekend, so next weekend I won't be all frazzled. Gonna be bad enough with nerves!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-18-2011, 03:16 PM

No i'm sorry to say i'm in Carthage,MO. Wish there was someone that I could visit with also or race some wheel chairs with! I hope yours goes well also. It's just very hard for me to ask for help. My husband has gone back to school and working full time, so it makes it hard for me to want to ask him. I know he's so tired, him and the kids are on spring break next week. Which is why I planned it that way he can help me. He also took a vaca week for the week after so he will be able to be home when the kids are. He really is a big help, don't know what I would do without him! Thanks you!
Unread 03-18-2011, 03:23 PM

Count me into the list of frazzled women who feel like there's too much to do and not enough time! I'm also 3/24 and reading your post totally freaked me out!! I didn't even thinka bout all of THAT stuff! I've been more worried about the fact that my surgery is on Thursday and on Saturday my daughter has a dance competition about 45 min away and on the SAME DAY my son has a church retreat as he is receiving his communion this year. This all just 2 days after surgery- my son is 7, daughter only 5, and my husband can't be in two places at once!!! Not to mention that daughter will need suitcase packed with dance costumes, hair and make up done and hubby can't go into dressing rooms!!!
I am SO relying on the other mom's of her dance team and my sister in law will be taking my son to his church event. I have no clue where I'll be!! MD said 1 night inpatient with discharge Friday as long as I'm doing okay- but I'm required to rest for a while if I go home the next day!

UGH!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register