TAH 16 days post hysterectomy: Extreme Gas | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

16 days post hysterectomy: Extreme Gas 16 days post hysterectomy: Extreme Gas

Unread 02-19-2016, 01:27 AM
16 days post hysterectomy: Extreme Gas

I had a TAH on 02/03/16 and I'm having a lot of gas. Nothing I have done has gotten rid of it. The pain is so bad I can barely stand when the pain hits. And now after 16 days my nibbles are sore. The Dr. did leave my ovaries but my last period started 1 day before my surgery. I also have sharp pains shooting in my vagina. Has anyone else had these kind of problems. I don't have my follow up appointment until 02/25/16.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-19-2016, 07:31 AM

Regular exercise has always been my doctor's top recommendation for getting the gas out, so make sure you're taking those daily walks. Also try peppermint tea or fennel seeds, and avoid gassy foods; that includes legumes, onions and garlic, cabbage and its relatives, cucumbers, melons, pears and artificial sweeteners. If you want to take something for it, ask your doctor or pharmacist for recommendations. Best wishes for your continued recovery!
Unread 02-19-2016, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanicPrincess113 View Post
Regular exercise has always been my doctor's top recommendation for getting the gas out, so make sure you're taking those daily walks. Also try peppermint tea or fennel seeds, and avoid gassy foods; that includes legumes, onions and garlic, cabbage and its relatives, cucumbers, melons, pears and artificial sweeteners. If you want to take something for it, ask your doctor or pharmacist for recommendations. Best wishes for your continued recovery!
I have been walking, using a heat pad, drinking tea, taking gas x and baking soda and I haven't eaten anything that causes gas but nothing is working. It's like the gas has never left since 2 days after surgery. I just don't know what else to do to get rid of it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-19-2016, 09:44 PM
Re: 16 days post hysterectomy: Extreme Gas

Little walks thru the day, break it up between rest. Drinking water, peppermint tea, eat lite meals spaced out. Watch youre not eating gassy foods. I stayed on stool softeners to my 5th week & eat Fiber1 bars. You may need to have a biwel movement. Thru the day eat apples, prunes, + other veggies.the gas pains & bowel movements can be painful if you're constipated. Go lite on starches.

If you have your ovaries, you will still ovulate, so yes you can get sore breasts.a stabbing pain, it could be coming from your colon? Otherwise if you over do it activity, then youll get aches, pains, swelling. A heating pad & rest helps. I break up my day with activity, then rest & keep alternating. Once you figure out a balance with the keeping regular & activity/rest, then youll feel much better.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register