Lump on collarbone! - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Lump on collarbone! Lump on collarbone!

Unread 10-22-2005, 11:53 PM
Lump on collarbone!

Thanks Shasi, you're so sweet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-23-2005, 09:44 PM
Lump on collarbone!

Mori, I uncerstnad your fear. I was finally feeling normal again after a year pf hell, and then a little over a eeek ago I got a call to go back because something was seen on my mammogram. The good news is that it was just fibrofatty tissue, but after a diagnosis of stage IIc Ovarian cancer last November and the trip through chemoville and finally coming out on the other side the mere thought of possible cancer again had me numb. There is no easy answer when dealing with the cards we all here have been dealt. I know for me the support of my husband, out families and friends was the best thing for me, but I camn also understand your not ewanting to tell them. I only told my hubby and one of my 3 sisters about this latest scare, I =felt acter all they had been thru with me this past year i did not want to worry them unnecessarily. There are no easy answers, we all just do the best we can and when we cant do it anymore we need to let it go and let our higher power take over for us. It is such a releif to be able to give the worry over, even for a little while. Your are in my thoughts and prayers.
Unread 10-27-2005, 11:11 PM
Lump on collarbone!

Hi Donna
Your mothers story is of interest to me,I have had a lump on my collarbone for over a year now. I noticed this in July of 2004.T was very weak and in alot of pain on November 30 2004. I was taken to the hospital and admitted. I was there for a week. And when I was released I knew no more than I had the day I was admitted.I pointed out the lump which at that time was a tiny knot.Felt kinda like a tiny marble.But the doctors there were just about the only ones that could not feel it. It has grown to the size I would say a nickel.It is swollen around it. The area is quite visable to anyone.But whan I touch it, if I press on it, it moves to just under the collarbone.Weird,it aches mostly at night and I have a spot that just will not stop itching on my back of my shoulder directly behind the knot.It has been itching sense I have had this knot. and there seems to be another tiny marble size knot beside it. I told my doctor,The new one I just aquired. That it was starting to ache. She looked at me kinda queerly. And asked What lump?She walked over and touched it, said it was not realy in the area to be a lipmnoid.(sorry dont spell all that good)Said we better get that checked out.It has been 3 months and still not x-ray. I did tell her that both my parents had bone cancer, my sister lung cancer(small cell) my brother had a cancer growth come up on the side of his face.Also told the doctors that at the hospital,they just said well you do not have cancer so dont worry about that.Ok I sure hope they were right. I am just alittle concerned about the aching. My hips hurts all the time. I sometimes cry with my rt leg aching at night.did the mamoghram.They did not find anything.Or I havent heard anyways I figure I would hear if it was bad.I am one of those people that hate the thaught of going to see a doctor. I do not like the hospital thing. lol So please dont feel like I am so hypocondric. Thats not me.Just worried cause I cant get anyone to do any thing. a friend had went to the doctor. Wanting a bone cancer test they did blood work saw nothing unusual and told him he was ok.He continued to hurt. My sister got on him and insisted that he get a bonemeral test.Well the doctors did not want to do the test but he insisted.Low and behold he had bone cancer that did not show up in the blood.On the day of his last cemo he found out that he also had lung cancer.They had given only 11 months to live with the bone cancer. My friend Mike Passed away 1 month after he was told about the lung cancer.All this from a pain in his leg.See I have had the bloodwork and been told I am ok......and I am trying to get the bonemeral test now.Both my parents are gone and I am wondering.Thank You Judy May
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-28-2005, 12:00 PM
Lump on collarbone!

Did I understand you correctly that you haven't told your family about your diagnosis?

Given your extreme anxiety, it might be a good idea to discuss this with one or two close friends or relatives. All this worrying and paranoia cannot be good for you. Perhaps discussing this with someone face to face would give you a reality check on your diagnosis.

I don't mean this in a mean way. I just couldn't imagine going through something like this alone.

Blessings
I
Unread 10-28-2005, 05:51 PM
Lump on collarbone!

I have only told my husband & that's all I can deal with right now. Don't want to alarm everybody before my surgery. When I know the final staging I'll rethink my decision...hopefully I'll be cured with surgery so I won't have to say anything anyway. I hate causing pain to those I leve dearly & prefer not telling them. Thanks for caring.
Unread 10-28-2005, 09:32 PM
Lump on collarbone!

Hi it's me again with an update!
I forgot to mention that when I last spoke to my gyno over the phone while getting some test results, I mentioned my "collarbone dilemma" & asked if I should come & have it looked at. I was told that I'm under a lot of stress, & that since I was going to see the gyno oncologist... I should have him check it out! I told her I was having pain in my arm, from my hand all the way up to the shoulder & if it could be related to the swelling & possibly be "carpal tunnel syndrome"...from being on the computer too long. She said "probably", but I felt like she has "washed her hands" of me since I decided to seek another doctors opinion! She asked if I've told anybody about my diagnosis yet & I told her that I've only told my husband for now. I told her I "have" an appointment with the gyno oncologist & she said he will most probably do the surgery, unless he's overbooked, in which case I could come back with her & to let her know what happens. I feel kind of guilty because I really like my gyno & I sort of feel I "betrayed" her by cancelling my surgery, although I never "doubted" her as a doctor or surgeon! I really hope she understands my reasons & doesn't hold a grudge! How will I ever face her again?
Unread 10-28-2005, 09:44 PM
Lump on collarbone!

Hi Judymay.
Sorry, but I didn't see your post while I was posting mine. I'm truly sorry for your friend & for everything you're going through. It's very frustrating when pointing out something of concern to doctors..only to have it dismissed as nothing without any testing to prove it. That attitude doesn't calm our anxieties & the "not knowing" is very scary. Maybe you should get a second opinion & have it checked out. It will put your fears at rest & you'll know for sure what you're dealing with instead of "worrying & wondering". I wish you al the best & that it really proves to be nothing .
Unread 11-01-2005, 12:35 AM
Lump on collarbone!

I just wanted to "update" everyone on the "lump" I thought I felt on my "collarbone" & a few other things I forgot to mention in my other post. I pointed it out to my gyno oncologist while he was examining me around the neck & collarbone area & he said it was nothing...just my bone! Is it possible for one side of the collarbone to stick out more? He also gave me a referall for a "mamogram" & said I could go before or after my surgery just as a precautionary measure. I plan to make an appointment & get it over with before my surgery so I can have peace of mind. He also ordered a test for "lung function" because of the "scar tissue" on my latest x-ray & suggested I quit smoking before the surgery. I decided to quit cold turkey as of November 1st...wish me luck!
Unread 11-01-2005, 02:22 AM
Lump on collarbone!

Hi Mori,

Just wanted to wish you luck with giving up smoking. No-one's saying it will be easy, but it will definitely be worth it if you can do it.

Geraldine
Unread 11-01-2005, 02:06 PM
Lump on collarbone!

Mori,
You quit smoking today? Yikes! Be sure to drink plenty of juices and watch out for constipation. The third day is the worst, and the third week. Good luck to you. It's the hardest thing you'll do, but will be the most rewarding too.
Janie

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register