Vivelle dot on upper arm??? | No Uterus - No Ovaries - Yes HRT - Surgical Menopause | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > No Uterus - No Ovaries - Yes HRT - Surgical Menopause

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Vivelle dot on upper arm??? Vivelle dot on upper arm???

Unread 05-17-2006, 09:41 AM
Vivelle dot on upper arm???

Hi ladies,
Just wondering...can I put it there? I know that during my surg. the Dr. put a Vivelle patch on me and it was on my upper arm. It never fell off, or wrinkled. I was wondering if that is OK to do since you NEVER get "extra's" in case one does fall off!! I presently wear the Vivelle Dot, and put it where my jeans pocket would be, but find that it wrinkles pretty badly and when I went to change it this morning, it almost fell off by itself. Thanks so much!! Betsy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-17-2006, 04:16 PM

(((Betsy))) I know some DRs do this, but personally I would not. It's too close to the breasts, for one, and also, we have no idea how much you'd be getting there because the company only published the pharmacokinetics for the dot applied on the abdomen or buttocks. I'd stick with one of those two locations (no pun intended ).

s,
-Linda
Unread 05-17-2006, 04:41 PM

On the guide it does say to apply to the 2 areas stated in the last post. However, my doc told me that I could wear them on my upper arm. The only thing that he said not to do was put the patch in the same spot, when applying the next patch. He said to take turns with the area that u put it on. Unfortunaly I had to get off the patch because the insurance refused to pay for it when I can take the pill daily
GOOD LUCK!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-22-2006, 07:43 PM

I spoke with the medical rep from the Vivelle Dot company and she informed me that the ONLY place that was FDA approved for the Vivelle Dot, was on the abdomen.

I, however, choose to wear mine in my hip area-due to the fact that I get more estrogen that way. Also, I do not have to look @ it everyday, as I reminder, as to why I need it in the first place.

I have had some trouble from time to time with it bunching up or falling off-usually when I am wearing a tight panty girdle for support-which I still need some days due to soreness or I am wearing pantyhose-anything that rubs against it-seems to give it the tendency to rub off. I have started to clean the area with alcohol and let it dry before applying the patch and it does seem to make a difference with the sticking.

Will be interesting to see with the summer heat-down here in the deep south-with the horrendous humidity-how well it works through the summer months. This is my first "monopausal" summer. We'll seeeeee

to all of you

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register