Going for hysterscopy and D&C tommorow | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Going for hysterscopy and D&C tommorow Going for hysterscopy and D&C tommorow

Unread 01-17-2011, 11:57 AM
Going for hysterscopy and D&C tommorow

After getting 2nd opinion, and them finding a golf ball sized prolapsed cervical fibroid, I have been scheduled for a hysteroscopy and D&C. At the time of the second opinion, I was dealing with stomach bug and was kind of out it and did not really catch what to expect. The paperwork they sent decribing each procedure sounds terrifying. What should I expect? I am taking two days off afterward. Thanks my friends!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-17-2011, 01:30 PM
Re: Going for hysterscopy and D&C tommorow

I didn't find either procedure terrifying. Mine was done at a surgical center and I also had a laparoscopy with some endometriosis removal.

Once I was awake in recovery and could go to the bathroom on my own, I was released to go home. I only remember pain once on the way home--but it was a long time ago! However, I know I did well pain wise over all, just a bit tender here and there.

We do have a couple hysteroscopy resources in our database--one is graphic and one is a video--if you are interested.

If you are nervous and have questions, don't hesitate to call your doctor's office. Mine had some videos--using drawings, not real people--that I watched prior to the procedures. The nurse may also be able to answer your questions or could schedule you an appointment to sit down and talk to the doctor before the procedures.

Unread 01-17-2011, 07:55 PM
Re: Going for hysterscopy and D&C tommorow

Welcome!

I am about one week out from my hysterscopy myomectomy/thermal balloon ablation.

I have to say the worst part was the nausea from the pain meds the nurse put in my IV AFTER the surgery. I think it was Fentanyl. As far as the actual surgery I remember being wheeled into the OR, and then everyone introducing themselves. The last thing I remember was my Dr. asking that the Novasure was placed on the tray, and Voila, I woke up about 3 hours later. The surgery took about 1.5 hours due to my fibroid being bigger and penduculated. She also had to do the therma balloon ablation method because of the "stalk" of the fibroid made my uterus "irregular" shape and I guess the balloon does a better job of wrapping around place.

Anxiety about the surgery was worse than the surgery...that and getting the dang iv into a vein in my wrist.

As far as recovery, I slept most of day 1 and took viacodin for meds/bleeding soaked a pad every 2-3 hours. Day 2 & 3 I felt pretty good, only taking motrin 800mg/no real bleeding more of a watery pink discharge that was light. Unfortunately I overdid and started to bleed as heavy as day 1 so for fay 4 & 5I sat in a recliner most of the time. Day 6 I actually felt pretty good....no motrin/bleeding back to spotting watery pinkish discharge.

REST, rest, REST.....even tho they say a hysterscopy is less recovery (it is!) I honestly think you need to give yourself more than the 2-3 days recovery time "they" recommend.

Good Luck.

Tina~

hysterscopy myomectomy of a submucosal penduculated fibroid & thermal balloon ablation 1.11.11
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register