Surgery date confusion (updated) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Surgery date confusion (updated) Surgery date confusion (updated)

Unread 10-20-2007, 08:25 AM
Surgery date confusion (updated)

Apperently someone dropped the ball on this cause I get a message I have to drive back and sign some papers or surgery could be cancelled. Call them back and they said I could do it the morning of. t€hen when talking i tell her I don't even know time yet and she says oh I am to tell you that. Looks it up and says ohoh that won't work. So know I have to wait till monday morning to find out what is going on as all the docs offices were closed fri afternoon when I called.
Just when we get all dh's shifts figured out and what not it could be all different. HUbby is getting worried that these people are the ones cutting me open? They can't even figure out where you are to be and when.
Oh well sometime monday I will know what is going on
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-20-2007, 08:35 AM

How nervewracking! Just as you're getting yourself pysched up for surgery, they throw a curve ball. It looks like you have some time though, so that's good. It will all work out.

Unread 10-21-2007, 07:20 AM

I'm sorry that you're having to deal with the extra frustration.

I hope that everything works out well for you and your hubby doesn't have a lot of rescheduling to do for work.

Let us know what you learn.

S
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-21-2007, 07:44 AM

It really strikes me how all of us are so nervous about our surgery yet none of us wants to reschedule or put it off. I really think our pre-surgery jitters are our way of preparing emotionally for the "event." In that sense, our nervousness serves a very good purpose, yes?
Unread 10-21-2007, 07:50 AM

Try not to worry about it too much, sounds like it's out of your hands! How nerve-wracking though.

Let us know what happens. Hope it all gets straightened out real soon.

Christine
Unread 10-21-2007, 08:57 AM

It can really be frustrating when the pre-op scheduling isn't smooth. The surgeon's staff and their scheduling problems don't really reflect on the surgeon's skill which, in the end, is what's most important.

Good luck. Hope it all gets resolved ok.
Unread 10-21-2007, 12:05 PM

well I have thought of nothing else of course thinking if this and this happens it will be ok.
or I will be mad if that happens and what not but what can I do other then wait till morning when they call and deal with it then. Get honkerblonky and they might treat me like crap or something LOL.
But as hubby says hey at least we know it is not cancer so just go with it when it happens. ahhhhh I just want to know what is going on.
Unread 10-21-2007, 02:26 PM

I know how frustrated you must be! I had a choice between 3 dates, and after carefully considering my husband's work schedule and project deadlines, chose a date that would allow him 2 weeks off to help with my recovery. I booked it 6 weeks in advance, so I figured it was set in stone. With less than 2 weeks to go, I went to my pre-op appointment, signed all the consents, got all my instructions for that date. Two hours later they called me back to say "something had come up" and the doctor couldn't do it on that date. In two hours!!! How does that happen?? I was given a choice of 10/22 (less than a week) or 11/5 (a little less than 3 weeks). Well, I knew there was no way my husband could move his time up, so I had to take the second date. He had to go back and rearrange his dates, and now he is going to be running up against a major project deadline, so he is probably going to end up working by phone/computer the second week. Yes, it is irritating when you get organized for one date and then they throw you a curveball. Fortunately, there was a post from someone else just a couple a days before this happened to me that made me feel more understanding. I just keep telling myself that there is a good reason for the change even thought I might not completely understand it. Good luck to you! I hope it all works out for you and that your husband will be able to get the time off that he needs.
Unread 10-22-2007, 05:36 PM
holy smokes is this a record for most posts in 24 hours? update about surgery date

ok well all was well and the date is the 7th of nov as planned. I don't need to drive back out there to sign I can do it the morning of. Wow I think that was a bad case of to many cooks in the kitchen or smething. Total mix up of people saying things.
Ok now just gotta get through next 2 weeks
Unread 10-22-2007, 06:29 PM

Great news! Keep busy.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register