back again waiting for surgery date | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

back again waiting for surgery date back again waiting for surgery date

Unread 07-08-2007, 06:34 AM
back again waiting for surgery date

Hi Everyone:

Just wanted to post again. We lost the baby and after much consideration decided to go ahead with my surgery because the pregnancy was too painful anyways. The Dr advised us that we may have trouble conceiving (this one was a huge surprise and also took 4yrs) and that miscarriages were possible. I have a huge cyst on my ovary and was in the ER with severe pain that was over 3 weeks ago and its still there. I had severe pain last nite. The DR said he felt this would go away and that he didn't feel the need to take my ovaries. He has not done his own Ultrasound. Do you think I should make him do one to make sure before the surgery? I hate to wake up with no ovaries but I also can't stand this pain for much longer.
I will probably have my surgery in August but we have not set a date yet. Too much emotional pain from everything else we have been through.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-08-2007, 06:40 AM

Oh Angela, I am just so sorry for your loss. You are going through so much and it can't be easy. Just know we will be thinking and praying for you as you decide to go ahead with the surgery soon. Keep us posted.
Unread 07-08-2007, 06:42 AM

First of all, I'm sending lots of big and gentle S
You've certainly been through a lot :comfort
:
You have the right to ask for an Ultrasound, it's your body. I don't know that it will change anything in his mind though - sometimes they can't tell what all needs to be done until they're in there and can see first hand what all is involved.

Best wishes, I hope that all works out well for you.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-08-2007, 10:53 AM

You poor kid. Do what you need to do to get better, and never feel guilty about being too "demanding". My mother never got the chance to be demanding--back then you never questioned the doctor.
Unread 07-08-2007, 11:08 AM

Angela -

I've been wondering how you decided to proceed and how you were doing. I am sorry you lost the baby. I can't imagine how hard that is.

With regards to the US, I think you have every right to ask for it. I do think you need to ask yourself what you hope it will show. In particular if the pain is 'the same' I don't think you would see anything different.

As Jean pointed out, there's nothing that is like 'seeing things up close'. My last US before my lap showed nothing wrong, just a tiny cyst. When my Dr got in there, there was a lot of damage and I lost an ovary. She had so not expected to see anything, she hadn't gotten permission to remove it. Thank Goodness my mother and I had had that conversation the day before or my DH would have had her close me up.

To that end, please make sure your DH knows what you would want and when to best cover yourself (and I think give them peace of mind when they have to make decisions).

Julie
Unread 07-08-2007, 02:13 PM

Angela,

I am sooo sorry for your loss! I am praying you get all the answers you need and praying for peace to surround you. Take care of you, and keep us posted please.

Angie
Unread 07-08-2007, 03:08 PM

I'm so sorry for your loss. (((Hugs)))

I have nothing to add to what the other sisters have already said. Take care of yourself.
Unread 07-08-2007, 03:09 PM

Angela,

I am so sorry for your loss and pain.I hope if you want another test you demand it,because only you can.It is your body and therefore you know it best.My prayers are with you.And I wish you the best with your surgery.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register