LSH- 3 hours post-op! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

LSH- 3 hours post-op! LSH- 3 hours post-op!

Unread 01-31-2011, 12:06 PM
LSH- 3 hours post-op!

Hi ladies! I am sitting in my room a mere 3 hours after post-op and doing GREAT!!! Feeling a lttile crampyin the abdominal aread when the Dilaudud starts wearing off- that is IT so far!

I wish all of you the same wonderful experience!!

Amt
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-31-2011, 01:13 PM
Re: LSH- 3 hours post-op!

OMG! How great! I just got back from my pre-admission test. So glad to hear you're doing well. How big was your fibroid again? How long did it take?
Unread 01-31-2011, 01:45 PM

It wound up taking about 3 hours. I had a 16wk pregnancy sized uterus and then an11cm fibroid on top of that. I think it had actually grown some more during last checkup because, according to hubby who Dr spoke with after surgery, that was why the lapro took about 3 hrs instead of the 1.5-2 that he originally predicted!

Good luck with yours!!! I will continue to keep you posted as I recover- but so far I am SO thrilled.

Amy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-31-2011, 03:10 PM

I am glad. I am having the same type surgery in about 2 weeks. I am hopeful I will be the same after my surgery. Thanks for keeping us informed.
Unread 01-31-2011, 03:16 PM

I was told I have a 20 week uterus. I hope that like you, it will remain minimally invasive. Can't wait to hear about your progress!
Unread 01-31-2011, 03:49 PM

Scragtopgal and Chibana- I sure hope that both of you DO wind up with this same experience!! I know it's early and I am sure my beat up belly will feel it more in the coming days- but I couldn't be happier with how this all turned out!
Unread 01-31-2011, 03:54 PM

Isn't it amazing how easy it is after all the anticipation? I hope the rest of your recovery is just as easy!
Unread 01-31-2011, 03:55 PM

I do want to say one thing, though, so you don't think I am in total la-la-land... I AM dealing with a bit of gas on left side, radiating towards shoulder a bit. Nothing major, but it's there!
Unread 01-31-2011, 04:05 PM

Lovesummersun- Yes it IS amazing! Thank you for the well wishes!

Let me just also say that having the catheter I was so nervous about ROCKS!!!! Love, love, LOVE getting to rest, drink as much as I want and NOT have to run to bathroom every 15 minutes!!!
Unread 01-31-2011, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisylily View Post
I do want to say one thing, though, so you don't think I am in total la-la-land... I AM dealing with a bit of gas on left side, radiating towards shoulder a bit. Nothing major, but it's there!
Staying away from carbonated drinks will help the gas but usually that is just something you're going to have to get through. My surgery was over by about 1030 am and by late evening, mine had started.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register