One problem after another | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

One problem after another One problem after another

Unread 02-02-2006, 07:45 PM
One problem after another

I had a TAH 3 weeks ago . I reopened my incision while still in the hospital but was healing well.1 week later I got a bladder infection felt awful 102 temp,and tired all the time given meds & told not to move around too much till incision was better. Last Saturday during the night I lost a very large amt of fluid went to ER and was told I have a staff infection a very hardy type.At my incision site. am I rare or does this mess happen to others?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-02-2006, 08:29 PM

Miss Marcy,

I am sorry you are having such a hard time. I am sending you s I can totally identify. To begin with everything was going great. Eight weeks out I developed a bladder infection and a staff infection. The infection and meds threw my system for a loop. Just know that things will get better. I will say a prayer for you.

Take this time to pamper yourself

Cathy
Unread 02-02-2006, 08:48 PM

I am so sorry for your situation! Unfortunately, some of us like to have a "more adventerous" recovery! Not that we would chose that route if we were given a choice! I hope your recovery takes a turn for the better! I am sending you cyber s and well wishes!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-02-2006, 10:10 PM

Sorry to hear you are having complications. I have a friend who got a staff infection and some blood blisters under her incission. I will say some prayers for your speedy recovery! Jan
Unread 02-05-2006, 10:45 AM

Thanks to all I am doing better and finally off all meds. They say I will have one heck of a scar but @ 54 who is going to where that kind low cut bikini? I am just glad to be able to try to get back in shape. slowly...
Unread 02-05-2006, 11:20 AM

Hello Miss Marcy- i am so happy that you are beginning to feel better. That must have been so frightening for you. I am always checking my incision site when I have pains in it to make sure there is nothing going on.It is 9 inches long and I think that puts me off also. So happy for you though, may you have a normal, uneventful recovery from now on. God Bless- Cath

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register