Different sensations now - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Different sensations now Different sensations now

Unread 07-26-2006, 02:12 PM
Different sensations now

Hey fellow six weekers,
I just posted on another thread about being so exhausted and was wondering how everyone at my stage are doing. I had my six weeks checkup yesterday and got the green light for "everything". I can do a darn thing right now, but DH sure is ready. I dont even want to think about it. I am very frightened about what may happen. When the doc did the exam yesterday I spotted for the rest of the day, but they told me that was normal, I have no granulation tissue at all and I have healed perfectly. I wish I felt that way. I could feel the cuff as she was examining me and it hurt! All I could think of was is this the way it is going to feel the "first "time" after the surgery? If so, forget it! I just dont know how my Dh is going to take the news that I am not ready.
Our computer is messed up so he doesnt have access to a computer to read anything on this site right now. I know he did read before the surgery, and did have a talk with my doc, so we will see.
But really, this surgery has taken a toll on my entire life. I hope it gets back to normal soon. There is a paragraph on the 5-6 weeks post-op that says something about take this as a time to start new. Hope I can!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-26-2006, 02:31 PM
Different sensations now

I had my 6 week checkup today. I have been released to resume my life again. I feel great. I too, sometimes forget I had surgery. I do get tired in the afternoon sometimes. I flew across the country two weeks ago back to New York for a week. We just stayed with family and didn't do too much physical activity. My one complaint is my lower back still hurts. The dr said to go have a muscle massage. She said everything has moved around inside and it puts different pressure on those back muscles. I'm sorry for the sisters who are still having a hard time. Everyone heals in different ways. Your time will come soon where you will feel better.
Unread 07-26-2006, 02:44 PM
Different sensations now

Hi all you 6 weekers!
We are all certainly at different stages of recovery aren't we? I was 6 wks last Friday.
I have not problems with my incision....looks great, but I developed seroma just after 4 weeks. So waiting to see my surgeon on Monday. My doc just said I have to wait it out and will go away on its own. But I have been reading on this site that others have had theirs drained and it takes a few weeks???
I tend to be more swollen and sore and nighttime...and I have a hard time getting to sleep. In the daytime, I am totally exhausted and have to sleep in the afternoon.
I was to return to work this past Monday 24th...but I was thankful the doc is keeping me off a bit longer. I find it very uncomfortable to sit for very long due to the seroma. I hate to get to work and increase my pain and discomfort.
Unread 07-26-2006, 07:30 PM
Different sensations now

well fellow 6 weekers, its looks like we are all slowly getting there...some quicker than others...envy envy....lol
as long as we all keep our chin up and tummy tucked in i am sure we will be fine.....cheers to all have a great week
Unread 07-26-2006, 07:37 PM
Different sensations now

I'm at 5 weeks today and am so jealous of you 6 weekers who feel great! I so don't feel great
Unread 07-26-2006, 09:34 PM
Different sensations now

Hi Shawnmarie,
Dont despair you will get there, some of us are just slower than others...yeah i know..wasnt really what you wanted to hear....but at least you know YOU WILL GET THERE.
Many hugs to u
Unread 07-27-2006, 12:00 AM
Different sensations now

Hi all. I'm at 5 weeks today and am so sore still. Lifting my left leg to do up shoes etc is a killer and since "stumbling" yesterday, I am concerned that I may have done something internally. (didn't actually fall but used my arms to stay upright). Was able to sleep on my left side till last night but had a really bad night as my back was sore from constantly lying on it. I still have the "burning" sensation along the entire scar and have no interest in anything much. I can't see myself ready for work by six weeks though. My checkup is next Tuesday and will discuss all this with my doctor. Hope you all feel well soon.
Unread 07-27-2006, 08:44 AM
Depressing thread

This thread is depressing.....I am only 2 weeks post-op tomorrow, and certainly do hope I am not feeling as bad as some of you are at 6 weeks. Try to keep your chin up and have as good of an attitude as possible...I think that has alot to do with how you feel as well.
Unread 07-27-2006, 09:02 AM
Different sensations now

Hi all,
I had a terrifying experience with pain and bleeding after intimacy last Friday. Called Doctorr on Monday and she said to take it easy for two more weeks (meaning nothing vaginally). She said some bleeding is normal, but if it continues to call back. I go back on Aug.4th for a follow-up on the HRT--Premarin. That will be the end of the two weeks of taking it easy. I am sure she will give me more guidance then. She really is a great doctor.

Other than that I have started exercising again aggressively. I really want to get my old self back again. I started Tuesday with walking and pilates. Other than being sore from the obvious lack of tone, I feel really good. Hopefully, it will continue to be positive.

Thanks to all,
Hang in there!
Unread 07-27-2006, 02:40 PM
Different sensations now

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkChick
This thread is depressing.....I am only 2 weeks post-op tomorrow, and certainly do hope I am not feeling as bad as some of you are at 6 weeks. Try to keep your chin up and have as good of an attitude as possible...I think that has alot to do with how you feel as well.

Good Morning NewyorkChick,
Dont feel depressed by this thread, we all heal differently. Think of how many women are on this site and how many responded, tiny wee figures in comparison. Most women actually feel quite good after their hyst, its just unfortunate that some dont. You are right alot of it does depend on how you feel, some are worse of as they dont have support and cant take it easy, others have complications, but all in all most posts are alot more positive than this one.
I have only been a member for one month and i had had alot of good laughs reading some threads, then i have shed a tear with others.
You may very well be blessed with an uneventful recovrey and i sincerely hope you do.......hugs to you

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register