Anyone sent home without hormones? - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Anyone sent home without hormones? Anyone sent home without hormones?

Unread 01-06-2007, 04:48 PM
Anyone sent home without hormones?

Kimble, I was put on an anti depressant to help with the hot flashes and anxiety it helped tremendously. I wasn't depressed just the anxiety of all my health issues just kept me worried. I noticed after day two the hot flashes were not as severe. Do some internet searching on this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-06-2007, 04:59 PM

Ga61,

I too couldn't function well without HRT. I felt that my life was falling apart along with my body. I'm back on it and life is good.
I had to make choice and I have no regrets. I'm very hopeful at this point. But even if endo does come back, it could never be as bad as it was. I think adeno and fibroids also contributed to my pain. There's no guarentee that endo wouldn't come back even if I waited 6 months. Best of luck to you all.
Unread 01-06-2007, 05:05 PM

Man I hope my endo doesn't come back. I am not ready for another medical malady. I didn't even know that I had the endo until surgery and my estrogen levels were all normal and I was still ovulating at the time of my hysterectomy. Now no hormones. How would the endo come back if you have no hormones to stimulate it? Doesn't the hormones stimulate endo?
Unread 01-06-2007, 05:19 PM

Ilov2so6,

Estrogen "feeds" endo, so I think it is very rare that endo comes back when you are not on estrogen. If you are not on hormones you'll probably be fine.

I'm on estrogen because I'm a mess without it. I was unable to sleep without estrogen and didn't want to rely on Benadryl and sleeping pills.
Unread 01-06-2007, 05:35 PM

I use Ambien Cr every night. I cannot sleep without it. My brain will not shut down. I surely hope that the endo doesn't come back. I know there is no guarentee that it will not but hopefully it will not.
Unread 01-06-2007, 05:50 PM

jahee,

sounds like we had all the same things with our hyst--endo, adeno, fibriods and ovairan cysts!! Life is good now that the hormones are back and none of that month long pain with terrible periods. I am 45 and wished I had had surgery earlier! I agree with you the hormones and being more balanced is worth the risk to me to.
Unread 01-06-2007, 06:07 PM

I was sent home without an HRT also. My doctor said since I had endometrisos that I had to wait for 6 weeks before I could be place on a HRT. I'm currently on Estrace 1 mg a day and I take Cymbalta 60 mg for any emotional stuff I go through. ( I like Cymbalta)
I think though I need to be put on something else or a higher dose of the estrace since I having some redness and dryness down there. Planning to call Doctor Monday about that.

Many Hugs!
Unread 01-06-2007, 07:42 PM

Hi GA161,

Yup! I had all three fibroids, adenomyosis and endo. I'm still not sure which one caused all the pain and bleeding. I think it was a combination that caused all the pain. My ovaries were both consumed by endometriomas.

I, too, wish I had done it earlier. My doctor wanted me to do it last January when she took out one of my ovaries, but I got scared from that HERS foundation website. I feel so much better! It' hard to believe all the pain is gone. I feel like a new person!

Do you take progesterone too? I've heard it can help keep endo at bay.

I'm glad you're feeling great too! It's great to know I'm not alone in this...taking the hormones soon after surgery. I really felt I had no option if I was going to funtion at work and at home. I couldn't sleep at all, had hives all over my hands and feet, crawly skin, couldn't stop crying, couldn't concentrate on anything, not even reading a book. I was also irritable and had hot flashes. I love my hormones! I can't imagine stopping them.

I have more energy than I've had in years! I"m very glad I've had this done.
Unread 01-15-2007, 09:19 PM

I had to remind my doctor after the first night with hot flashes. I had a Climara Patch, then a Vivelle Dot for two years, tapering down somewhat by leaving the Vivelle on all week when I was supposed to change it twice a week. Now I don't have it at all and I'm fine, at age 42!
Unread 01-16-2007, 06:04 AM

Yaaay, Jahee! It's so great to hear an uplifting story! I'm so pleased that everything is working out for you and that you feel so well! (((Hugs))) L

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register