still tender at 6 weeks? - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

still tender at 6 weeks? still tender at 6 weeks?

Unread 02-03-2008, 05:35 PM
still tender at 6 weeks?

supportneeded-thanks for the up-date--glad you are recovering well!!!!!

Think I'll switch to Aleve instead of this Motrin
I just posted my question re: pain after 10 weeks before I saw your up-date....

Think I will give Doc another call about this..

I walk every night (I am the official dog walker, now) because I need to lose weight, also.....

Yes, I saw Doc at 10 days, (remove staples), then 3 weeks, then 7 weeks so I guess one more phone call won't hurt.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-04-2008, 07:20 AM
still tender at 6 weeks?

am already on 5th week recovering - they did a TAH and BSO + node dissection and took my appendix out AND
as a parting gift I discovered yesterday from the doctor that I have now MRSA - do I want to cry - scream - shout - yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Unread 06-04-2008, 07:47 AM
still tender at 6 weeks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klonfy
am already on 5th week recovering - they did a TAH and BSO + node dissection and took my appendix out AND
as a parting gift I discovered yesterday from the doctor that I have now MRSA - do I want to cry - scream - shout - yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm sorry, I don't know what MRSA is....? Let me know how you're doing........you had quite extensive surgery! Hope you're recovering well.
Unread 06-04-2008, 07:58 AM
still tender at 6 weeks?

I am having a lot of the same problems (belly button area tenderness) as the rest of you. I thought something was really wrong with me! Also there is some slight pinkish tinge of skin below my belly button that wasn't there before.

I am 6 weeks post-op LAVH/BSO and "cele work" and saw my Ob-Gyn yesterday. He said this is perfectly normal, the twinges and pains I am having. He said my body is still healing from the inside out. He poked and prodded areound my nave (ouch!) and said that was the incision area (thorugh my navel) and it is still traumatized. I told him that I hadn't felt this tenderness three days ago, why now? His answer: different areas are healing at different rates.

Every time I bend over or stretch I feel a sharp pain just below my navel, runs about 2 inches down to my abdomen area. He says it's where the incision (internal) is and not to worry. Still, I don't like the pinkish tone to my skin, but I guess it's okay...no open wonunds or anything. It just hurts to bend when last week it didn't
Unread 06-04-2008, 08:15 AM
still tender at 6 weeks?

MRSA = Methicillin resistant staphylococcus aureus - its the hospital infection that is caught when in hospital - do research on MRSA - its contagious and if you have it you have to advise your doctor to check up on you - you have to wash your hands constantly - carry anti-microbial wipes so that you don't contaminate anyone else when you go to the bathroom - don't let anyone useyour towels and soaps - you cannot give blood - you have to advise everywhere you go that is medical (dentist included) that you have MRSA so that they will take extra precautions not to be contaminated....otherwise your life is ok

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register