Still miserable at 4 weeks post-op? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Still miserable at 4 weeks post-op? Still miserable at 4 weeks post-op?

Unread 06-09-2009, 11:25 AM
Re: Still miserable at 4 weeks post-op?

Ya, your probably right...so, I have house shaking to look foreward to?? hee-hee!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-09-2009, 11:54 AM

House shaking, gigantic sneakers, ax (or similar) deodorant spray near all doors but none in the bathroom. Crazy competition for food (like they were starving with no food available)
Sit back and just observe your boys, they'll entertain you. The 8 and 11 year old are also capable of doing much more to help around the house then you probably realize.
Unread 06-09-2009, 12:47 PM

I'm 4 weeks post op too. Some days are better than others. Still feel tired more that normal. Went to Dr. yesterday for a bad sore throat and found out it's Strep throat! Feel better today though after starting meds. I have two boys 10 and 8. Being home with children IS hard work! I can tell when I do too much. I'm going back to work Saturday (not looking forward to it!) Work two nights a week (sat. and sun.)...

HysterSisters has been GREAT! I've gotten so much wonderful info from here, don't know what I'd have done without it! Feel so lucky to have access to something like this.
Unread 06-09-2009, 06:52 PM

Hi crystaldawn,
I can relate to how you are feeling. I had a TAH-BSO exactly three weeks ago today. I too thought I would be feeling alot better by now but I am learning that this is a slow recovery. I felt really bad this past weekend and was getting very irritated by my son just because I was not feeling well. After I spent some time resting on Sunday, I started feeling better yesterday afternoon. Today is Tuesday and I am finally feeling better but I still am easily aggitated because of my limitations (I cooked a meal but after putting something a little heavy away I realize that I over did it and now have to rest for the remainder of the evening). Also my son ran into me by accident and that didn't help. So for me this is turning out to be kind of like a rollarcoaster ride. I still do not feel strong enough to drive which is a dissapointment but I do not want to rush things and regret it later. I just wanted to let you know that I am going through the same thing you are and that you are not alone. I want to be better by now but at the same time I know I can't force my body to heal any faster so I just have to be patient. So just give yourself more time and try to be patient. The fact that you have three little ones are more stress than you probably realize. My kids are teenagers and it is challenging enough for me. You have it even harder. So try to take it easy on yourself and relax as much as you can. Also if you feel tired than your body is telling you that you need to rest and it is important that you rest.
Best of luck. I'm sure you will be better soon.
Unread 06-09-2009, 08:33 PM

It is 4 weeks for me today. I can tell you that i am not back to my old self again. I am tired, and still sore at times. I am back to doing almost what I was doing before surgery. I start work tomorrow for half days, kinda nervous about that cuz I cant just go lay down if I feel like it. I started accupuncture today, my sister was doing it and raved about it. I still am having some pain, but do feel like my energy has increased so i will keep doing it for now. It's hard to not get discouraged. I dont feel like I got the affect from taking out my uterus that I thought I would. I still have pain in my pelvic area. hopefully that will go away with time. hope you all heal well.
Unread 06-10-2009, 07:14 AM

It is definately a longer recovery time than I had anticipated. I thought since it was laproscopic, I would have a really easy recovery, I didn't realize how much my insides (not just the outside incision) would hurt!!, 4-6 weeks of being pampered and laying around sounded wonderful, but now it just seems loooong! Also, I have realized how totally deffirent everybodies own bodies heal! My mom had a LAVH, and she said by the time she was about 2-3 weeks she was completely pain free. Yesterday was better though, so I guess we just need to be patient with our bodies, and realize that trying to "push through it" does not make us better faster, but slower. I hope everyone has a nice relaxing day!! And for those of you that have to go back to work, try and not overdue it!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register