Please Help! - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 08-08-2007, 08:02 PM
Please Help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueheron2003
Hello again. To answer your question about how I knew I'd torn my internal stitches, I had several problems emerge: I started to bleed, first brownish stuff, then pink, then pink and brownish stuff, and I developed a terribly putrid (like rotting flesh) odor that would not go away and was there even after I'd showered. I also developed a lot of pain, and it felt like I was sitting on a lump in my vaginal area, almost as if I had a small tampon there or something. It wasn't a tampon, it was "me," poking back on through and coming right on out the end of the vagina. They did a cold cauterization in the office. It was quite painful. Please please please if you have symptoms like this, call your doctor and seek an appointment sooner than whatever followup schedule you are on. Doing too much undermined my forward progress. Very best wishes to you.
Oh my...that sounds horrible. Actually, I'm doing ok. I am definitely laying more low than I was originally though. I definitely don't want to have to go through what you did, you poor thing. I hope you're feeling better now!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-08-2007, 08:24 PM
Please Help!

OH my the internal stitches blown apart! How aweful. I am feeling so incredibly good today I am in shock how great I feel.
I took a shower today and noticed my body shape has changed. I took my bthroom measuring tape and have lost 2 inches at max bust measurement and two inches from waist and belly button measurement! I am still swollen, but I am smaller than the day of surgery even with the swelly belly!
One huge problem however, my IV site in my left arm, is reddened and hurts like stink! I also told my DH that food tasted strange to me, i had a tiny nibble of chocolate last night and it tasted like pepper! I looked into the mirror and my tongue is full of big white bumps!

I called my DR and he is prescibing the yeast infection pills (2) and has me putting neosporin and hot packs on my arm! Until it gets better.

I guess this is God's way of keeping me down because I just feel SO great! i almost cannot believe I had this major surgery!

Now, my whole tongue is stinging and all food tastes strange, not like what it really is thats for sure! So, I am probably going to have to go on a yogurt diet..... for a few days???
Anyone else experience this?
My arm is more sore by the moment, and hurts much worse than the ab!
I am taking probiotics, and avoiding anything acidic now.
Unread 08-08-2007, 08:30 PM
Please Help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktys
OH my the internal stitches blown apart! How aweful. I am feeling so incredibly good today I am in shock how great I feel.
I took a shower today and noticed my body shape has changed. I took my bthroom measuring tape and have lost 2 inches at max bust measurement and two inches from waist and belly button measurement! I am still swollen, but I am smaller than the day of surgery even with the swelly belly!
One huge problem however, my IV site in my left arm, is reddened and hurts like stink! I also told my DH that food tasted strange to me, i had a tiny nibble of chocolate last night and it tasted like pepper! I looked into the mirror and my tongue is full of big white bumps!

I called my DR and he is prescibing the yeast infection pills (2) and has me putting neosporin and hot packs on my arm! Until it gets better.

I guess this is God's way of keeping me down because I just feel SO great! i almost cannot believe I had this major surgery!

Now, my whole tongue is stinging and all food tastes strange, not like what it really is thats for sure! So, I am probably going to have to go on a yogurt diet..... for a few days???
Anyone else experience this?
My arm is more sore by the moment, and hurts much worse than the ab!
I am taking probiotics, and avoiding anything acidic now.
Yes I got that in the hospital..Thrush....
and i even had a strange feeling like "oily" in my mouth whever I ate....like the feeling you get when you eat those chips made with olean...ya know hat i mean???
anyway..thrush is gone....
it was so funny too b/c my DH was walking me through the halls of the hospital trying to be supportive and said" boy your a mess, now you have the Thrash too" I guess you had to be there but I laughed so hard my belly hurt so bad...it was cute...
good luck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-08-2007, 08:34 PM
Please Help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fancymel
Yes I got that in the hospital..Thrush....
and i even had a strange feeling like "oily" in my mouth whever I ate....like the feeling you get when you eat those chips made with olean...ya know hat i mean???
anyway..thrush is gone....
it was so funny too b/c my DH was walking me through the halls of the hospital trying to be supportive and said" boy your a mess, now you have the Thrash too" I guess you had to be there but I laughed so hard my belly hurt so bad...it was cute...
good luck
I just swallowed my first yeast infection pill! I hope this works fast!
Coughing is really tough on the tummy, even with the compression garment on....
My God, I am going to lay low no matter how great I feel, I would hate to blow out the internal stitches!
Unread 08-08-2007, 08:39 PM
Please Help!

MollyPolly - these Checkpoints are a good guide to not overdoing it.

https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/view_postop.htm

hugs!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register