Almost 1 year post-op, been fine till 2 weeks ago. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Almost 1 year post-op, been fine till 2 weeks ago. Almost 1 year post-op, been fine till 2 weeks ago.

Unread 06-08-2009, 01:33 PM
Almost 1 year post-op, been fine till 2 weeks ago.

Hi girls, been awhile since I have been on cause I've been doing great ! I actually would go weeks without a thought of my surgery. But, about two weeks ago I moved a large freezer and felt a twinge. Later that night I noticed my tummy hurting and bloated so I grabbed the ice pack and got on the couch. I thought it was just a fluke thing, but I haven't been able to shake it. I am tired and bloated all the time, I feel pressure in the peri area , and constipation. Worst of all, my bladder leakage is back! I don't even feel it, it's just there when I go to the restroom. I haven't had that since a few months post-op and I thought it was gone forever. Anybody else this far out and having these problems? Thanks girls!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-08-2009, 02:02 PM
Re: Almost 1 year post-op, been fine till 2 weeks ago.

sunset..I would call the doctor and get checked out.....you could have tore or pulled something when moving the freezer. Call the doctor to be safe.
Unread 06-08-2009, 02:13 PM

yes, definately, call your doctor,sounds like you might have done something, you would think that after almost a year all is fine, but, apparently not. I am over a year post op and I still have weird feelings when I lift or move something heavy...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-08-2009, 03:08 PM

Sunset.. I am on here looking up the same thing. I was lifting my 2 year old niece and noticed pains and swelly belly a day later and it hasn't gotten any better.This was about a week ago. I will be calling my Doctor ASAP..I feel that its getting worse. I had my surgery 7 months ago.

I pray that you will feel better soon.
Unread 06-08-2009, 09:30 PM

wow, I really thought everyone would say this was just a normal part of healing, but, I guess that may have been wishful thinking on my part. Strange how much it feels just like it did right after surgery. Even my clothes , I had managed to lose 15 pounds this year, feeling a bit slimmer, now here I am with swelly belly again and unable to button my pants ! So crazy !
Unread 07-08-2009, 09:19 PM

2 years post-op. vertical incision. I'm having the same issues. Every time I lift something somewhat heavy, I get the return of the infamous swelly belly and burning sensation at the incision site. I know it's probably a strain, but good grief, how long do we have to suffer? I have a doctor appointment in 2 weeks and you bet I will be asking "what's up"
Unread 07-09-2009, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgr467 View Post
2 years post-op. vertical incision. I'm having the same issues. Every time I lift something somewhat heavy, I get the return of the infamous swelly belly and burning sensation at the incision site. I know it's probably a strain, but good grief, how long do we have to suffer? I have a doctor appointment in 2 weeks and you bet I will be asking "what's up"
please let me know what your dr. has to say. I would really like to know the answer to that question myself!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register