Feeling very overwhelmed and still hurting cry all the time lately | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Feeling very overwhelmed and still hurting cry all the time lately Feeling very overwhelmed and still hurting cry all the time lately

Unread 07-31-2013, 04:07 PM
Feeling very overwhelmed and still hurting cry all the time lately

Went back to dr today all my test came back ok which I was sure I had infection because I just feel awful. Still having bad pain, dizziness, was exhausted after trip to drs office, my skin hurts dr said its water retention, chills sweats, and overall just cry all the time. She made comment at 2 weeks alot of patients are able to take Motrin and pain meds 3 times a day and do great. Went 6 hours and I'm hurting so bad I'm in tears. Feel like I'm never going to feel myself again. She blamed most of my symptoms on hormones said give it 4 more weeks and it will probe go away. I mean that's great but what do I do until then. I get where I feel so uneasy I walk back and forth in the house and just can't get comfortable with anything I do. Why do I still hurt so bad u guys am I crazy? What is wrong with me does others feel this way? I cry all the time overwhelming since of not being me😢. Just want my life back. Really miss holding my 2 year old he's so ruff I can only gently huge him when he use to be my snuggle bunny. Miss my 8 year old and taking her swimming and enjoy her summer she needs school supplies and I want to go with her so bad but feel awful and like today's trip to dr I feel horrible and dizzy and exhausted. Please just anyone else that's feeling this way let me know I'm not alone because today I'm feeling very helpless to this surgery, my emotions and body.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-31-2013, 04:16 PM
Re: Feeling very overwhelmed and still hurting cry all the time lately

This is all SUPER normal.
Your not far along your long journey of recovery. At 3 weeks I started to feel better. Mind you i kept my ovaries so don't have to deal with sudden menopause like some ladies do.
Be kind to your body and forgiving to it also, it has a lot of healing to do.
We talk about the 'crying episode' i had one night here, couldn't stop bawling for two hours !
Funny now I'm over it, but for you I bet you are feeling out of control.
Don't worry it will get better. Enjoy your gentle hugs from your snuggle bunny.
Unread 07-31-2013, 05:43 PM

I still hurt all over too. I pace and pace. I can't get comfortable... I cry... I stand.. I sit... I lay .. repeat... I started breaking my Percocets in half last week and take it with one Tylenol. I never took them on a schedule because I knew these days would come. Drs think we all should be out of pain and thanks to the abusers, people who need them cant get them..
You're not alone dear.. Pain, stress, anxiety, hormones... they're all feeding each other... I feel like crap today too and I'm sick of mooooving around..

Big hugs big ..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-31-2013, 06:07 PM

You are not alone in how you feel. I felt completely unwell, not really pain and fatigue, but sick and dizzy at 3-4 weeks. I had been told to expect to be able to return to work by that time, but wasn't at all ready.After reading on this site, I realized that I was following a typical course. It took me 7-8 weeks to feel normal, but I still get tired easier than before my surgery. If you had a surgical menopause, it can be absolutely awful, but it gets better. I truly thought I was losing my mind. You may need to speak with your primary care physician. My surgeon pretty much dismissed me at 3 weeks as I was not a cancer patient and he thought I was physically healing well-your pcp may have more insight into the after effects on your whole body. Try your best to be patient with yourself. Let people do things for you-take you shopping for your kids, don't turn down meals yet. Maybe you could climb on your bed with your 2 yr old and read books or watch some silly videos. Take family naps! Sometimes deep breathing helps. I pray you start to feel better soon. Know that we all support you.
Unread 08-01-2013, 01:47 PM

I am not alone! I am a week post op and didn't keep my ovaries. I've had anxiety for years, but I have been feeling absolutely insane the past two days. I cried all day yesterday. I have a 1 year old. My husband is over protective because I'm stubborn when it comes to taking it easy. I just want to hold my little boy...that isn't all that gentle at his age either. I have already been having hot flashes. I didn't think it was possible for weeks. No hormones until 6 weeks post op. Had a Foley catheter in 5 days. Now I feel like I have to constantly pee...which only makes me more angry and insane. I'm just glad this is somewhat normal. Maybe I can convince my husband I haven't been possessed. Takes a great man to put up with me the past few days! Good luck, I will be praying for you too!
Unread 08-01-2013, 02:47 PM

Michelle136 reading your post is like looking in the mirror.
I am 2 weeks and 3 days post LAVH BSO and feel awful.i too thought it was just me not coping well. I am dizzy and lightheaded when up and about which may i say is still very uncomfortable and cannot get comfortable to rest or sleep still. Crying for nothing all of the time and feel so down and i too cannot see my normal life returning anytime soon. I havechad a water infection and bladder still not right.
I am so blessed with 2 children and a good husband but i feel like i am a burden to everyone needing so much help still.before my surgery i read lots of positive comments but now i feel so dissapointed in myself that i feel like this.
Unread 08-01-2013, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaradonado View Post
I am not alone! I am a week post op and didn't keep my ovaries. I've had anxiety for years, but I have been feeling absolutely insane the past two days. I cried all day yesterday. I have a 1 year old. My husband is over protective because I'm stubborn when it comes to taking it easy. I just want to hold my little boy...that isn't all that gentle at his age either. I have already been having hot flashes. I didn't think it was possible for weeks. No hormones until 6 weeks post op. Had a Foley catheter in 5 days. Now I feel like I have to constantly pee...which only makes me more angry and insane. I'm just glad this is somewhat normal. Maybe I can convince my husband I haven't been possessed. Takes a great man to put up with me the past few days! Good luck, I will be praying for you too!
Thank u for the prayers I will keep u in my as well. I started flaxseed yesterday for hot flashes and girl I haven't had any today I've only took 3 doses and feel a huge relief hope it last. Also got St Johns wart for emotions or my husband got it lol poor guy is trying anything he can to help. Still crying but feel a lil less emotional today. We will see if it continues. Hang in there mama so hard when us mamas that are use to doing it all to doing nothing its a horrible feeling. Today is a lil better the when I posted but its like I do good one day and its followed by 5 bad ones ugh. So ready to feel myself again. Take care and try and not overdue urself its so hard I know.
Thank U for the responses ladies so good to hear I'm not alone in this struggle to heal from this. I might be reacting to soon to the flaxseed but my hot flashes where awful and know I barley notice them pretty excited.
Unread 08-01-2013, 03:00 PM

I feel really bad for some of you. I had the DvH on July 10th and I feel great and haven't had any problems. I am having a few light hot flashes but nothing that Estroven hasn't controlled. I haven't had hardly any pain and even though I did get my pain pills filled I haven't used any of them and will probably end up flushing them. No emotional changes as of yet. I'm really happy choosing the DvH. A friend of mine had the same with no problems or side effects. I'm sorry that some of you are going through the pain and emotions and I pray for your comfort and your speedy recovery. Big hugs :-)

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register