Will you give your doc a gift? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Will you give your doc a gift? Will you give your doc a gift?

Unread 12-02-2005, 11:30 AM
Will you give your doc a gift?

I need to drop of paper work for leave at my doc today...I was thinking of picking up a little gift of thanks...some specialty spices because I know she enjoys ethnic cooking.

Did or will you you gift your doc for thanks/holidays?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-02-2005, 11:56 AM

I gave my doctor 2 tickets to an NFL game last year. He had never been to one, so I thought he would enjoy.
And he did!!
Unread 12-02-2005, 12:05 PM

I was thinking of getting something for the nurses in the office. They are the best. Really don't see the need to get the doc anything. Just not something I would do.
Pam
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-02-2005, 12:14 PM

My husband picked up a Magic 8 Ball for my dr since he kept referring to my fibroid to the size of a Magic 8 Ball. At my 2 week checkup, we forgot to bring it but my husband told him about it. He laughed and said "actually it was more like a big melon." We'll get the 8 ball to him next time.
Unread 12-02-2005, 12:20 PM

I gave my Dr a wine basket when I was finally discharged following my TAH because I was such a complicated case. She came back out to the hospital in the middle of the night because my nurse was concerned about no urine output and changes in my vital signs. I was rushed to CT scan where they found I had an arterial bleeder then I was sent back to surgery at 3 am. Near the end of the second surgery, my Dr noted that I was oozing from all of my sutures from the TAH. Blood work was done which point to me going into a condition known as DIC (life-threatening). She stayed by my bedside the entire day cancelling her appointments at the office. It was very reassuring knowing she was there and that she cared. That night, after I stablized, she called several times checking on me. She then came on her days off to do hospital rounds when she wasn't on call. I am so glad to have her as my Dr. I don't think my old GYN would have caught my problems as quickly and the outcome may have been alot different.
I guess the idea of a gift depends on how much you appreciated the care you received from your Dr.
Nancy
Unread 12-02-2005, 12:58 PM

I gave my doctor a red cashmere sweater. I knew it was something she would never buy for herself and I wanted her to know how much I appreciated the last 6 years of care. I gave it to her right before the surgery and she LOVED it. When I told her what a difference she had made in my life she teared up. Doctors probably dont hear that enough.
Unread 12-02-2005, 01:47 PM

i was at my dr today and gave him an hourglass for his desk, it was beautiful set in brass and marble, he truly is a beautiful person, and his practice is very big so i gave to only one nurse, the one that mainly takes care of me, a christmas lamp. i bought the staff a dz of donuts. lol they liked it
Unread 12-02-2005, 02:08 PM

I'm sad to say I didn't have such a plesant Dr. experience. My post op instructions were to rest and activities as tolerated. So I drove 4 days after surgery, vacuumed , grocery shopped, walked a mile,(thinking exercise would improve the healing process) Then I found this site. I didn't know when I could have sex or go back to work or anything. So maybe a lump of coal is more appropriate for my Doc.
Unread 12-02-2005, 02:32 PM

I am going to get my doctor a gift certificate from his favorite store. I know that they can afford these things with there own money but I think that it is the thought that counts. My doc put up with a lot from me so he deserves it because he is the best.
Jacqueline
Unread 12-02-2005, 03:50 PM

Oh, I just had to chime in on this. I don't usually get 'gifts' for my doctors. However, this has been an unusual year for me. I have seen the folks in my GYN's office so many, many times (truly, I've lost count). They all seem to know me now and they've all been very caring and kind. I've been touched at how warm they've been whenever I've walked through the door. I've been there twice already this week and will be there again next week at least that many times. I also have a revision surgery next week so I'll be there a couple more times this month. I have made some cookie mix in snowman-shaped jars and am taking it down there this week. There are 18 people on staff there and I made one for each of them. I just think that they each need to be recognized for all the things that make such a great place run so well. I've been in a LOT of doctor's offices this year and this place does it right. I want them to know how much I appreciate the true concern and caring.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register