3 weeks today and a seeming backslide/ plus weight loss & exercise concerns | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

3 weeks today and a seeming backslide/ plus weight  loss & exercise concerns 3 weeks today and a seeming backslide/ plus weight loss & exercise concerns

Unread 07-22-2011, 06:57 AM
3 weeks today and a seeming backslide/ plus weight loss & exercise concerns

Hi,

This evening I'll be at 3 weeks, and I've generally been feeling better and stronger every day. With the obvious tiredness and sometime-achiness, too, of course.

However, last evening and today I've started to feel bad back cramps and urinary tract discomfort...?

I have been resting, but I've also been pushing too hard, too, I think, It's so hard to find a balance, as I'm sure y'all know! Counter to my "no-swimming for 4 weeks" instructions, I've been doing it since day 14. I have been gentle and calm with it, but I'm still wondering if I've maybe pulled something, though. Any ideas?

I'm feeling a lot of internal and external pressure to lose the weight, but I'm not sure how to go about this now besides good, consistent, conscientious eating....?

Any ideas about the back and UTI-like symptoms? I'm feeling like I did pre-surgery, and it's scaring me a little!! I am probably overreacting, and just need to take it easy for a little while and stop pushing.

Thanks ladies! I hope you're well!
F
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-22-2011, 07:36 AM
Re: 3 weeks today and a seeming backslide/ plus weight loss & exercise concerns

It sounds llike you may have overdone it. Swimming should def. not be done at this point in recovery. It can take a long time for everything to heal. I am 12 months postop and still have lots of pelvic pain and other problems from the surgery. I tried to push myself at about the 5 week mark because in my head I thought that I should be healed and doing more. WRONG thing to do and now I am paying for it dearly. So take it easy and give yourself time to heal right the first time. I did not find this site until after I did some stupid things and now I am paying for it.

Best of Luck in your continued recovery!

By the way I have about 60 pounds(20 from before surgery and 20 since surgery) that I need to loose and with all my problems now I can't even do the exercise to help me loose the weight. It is very frustrating to say the least but yet my own fault.
Unread 07-22-2011, 07:54 AM

I agree, taske it easy! You're doing too much. Right now you really need to focus on healing rather than activity and esp your weight. I am over wt too but I am watching my diet more than before but not enough to make it serious wt loss. The hormones outta balance are playing a big role in it too so I am just healing and figuring out the new me instead of losing weight. I would have myself checked for a UTI though as that can be painful.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-22-2011, 02:56 PM

Hi--I had my surgery on June 28th and begged my doctor to allow swimming this weekend (it's 104 degrees in Boston and I was shot down immediately. The reason you cannot swim isn't as much about pulling muscles as it is about infection. Pools, lakes, and the ocean all carry enough yucky stuff to cause an infection. If you are sore and showing signs of a UTI I would call your doctor.
Unread 07-22-2011, 03:38 PM

Im not allowed to take a soak in the tub for those same reasons!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register