TAH Bleeding - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 12-08-2012, 02:13 PM
Re: Bleeding

During week 8 mine when from a brownish colour to pink when I wiped. I thought it would never end! I felt a strange sensation too.It's very hard to describe, almost like something is falling out. Is that what you are feeling too?

Happy to say that the strange feeling went away in time.

I'm thinking of you my friend xx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-08-2012, 02:25 PM

Yes that's almost how to describe it. I'm wondering if after all the swelling and nerve damage, that, as that settles, and feeling is resuming then that's the reason that sensation is there?
I'm still bleeding, and can't get to see my gyno til the 18th as he personally does not have a clinic before then, and it is he I want to see as he did my op.
at what week did you stop bleeding? I'm a bit concerned as is my general practitioner to resume anything more than light duties in case there is a problem, but I'm getting frustrated now having to rely on others.
Hope you are ok x
Unread 12-08-2012, 02:51 PM

I stopped at the end of week 8, almost to the day.
That's a bummer that you can't get in until the 18th!

I really hope things start to settle down soon. Maybe like me, things will just stop for you. It's funny because when it finally did I was really worried that it would just start up again. They were a nervous couple of days into the start of week 9.

I pray like me that you are just a slow healer and things will resolve themselves soon. Please take it easy and keep me posted xx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-08-2012, 02:56 PM

I will and again thanks for ur concern 😻
Unread 12-14-2012, 02:46 AM

Hi SouthOz2010
I'm still not any nearer to stopping bleeding, in fact it's slightly increased although I have been slightly busier doing the Christmas decor etc. going to contact my general practitioner today for my swab results. Hope you are doing well and prepared for the festive season x
Unread 12-16-2012, 03:25 AM

Hi Debifosta, sorry for the delayed response. I went away for the weekend. Stayed in a seaside cabin, and had a wonderful time! :-)

I am so, so sorry to hear that you are still bleeding. Argh!!!

Glad that you are going to see your GP. Please try to take it easy until you get a few answers as to what is going on. I know it's frustrating when you want to get on with things, but I'm really worried about you!

Do you have people around who can support you physically?

Please keep me posted xx

p.s. On a positive, It does get better I promise.
Unread 12-16-2012, 11:58 AM

I had my a LAVH and still have both ovaries on the 27th of August. I started spotting at 2 weeks and was given an antibiotic for an infection. After 2 weeks I started spotting again and to make a long story short, I was told that I had granulation tissue on my cuff and received a total of 5 silver nitrate treatments before my symptoms finally resolved with the last one being on November 28th! My visit on this past Thursday showed no more granulation tissue and I am hoping that is the last of the spotting. Had intercourse with my spouse and there was no pain and no spotting afterwards thus far. I hope your issues clear up quickly!
Unread 12-16-2012, 12:31 PM

VonB thank you for that, and I'm pleased to hear things are going well for you. Can I ask you if due to the granulation you felt as though you could feel anything, any sensation around the cuff?
I've felt quite down about the bleeding, feeling as though something was wrong, that maybe I had done something to cause damage. I have been so good, and hardly did anything apart from walking and light dusting before week 6, and left the heavier duty jobs to other family members. The last couple of weeks I've felt so low as I've not seen my gyno and dont til tues this week. I was getting so upset at having to rely on others! However last couple of days and because otherwise I feel well, I have thought 'stuff it' and taken a positive approach and attitude that I'm ok to do chores. Not relying on others has made me feel better as I feel I'm regaining my independence. Today despite doing more jobs I have not bled as much.

After all that jibber jabber which was pointless but made me feel better can I ask if u found a particular pattern to you're bleeding or not?

Much love xxx
Unread 12-17-2012, 08:22 AM

Debifosta there was no particular pattern. I was spotting daily, nothing heavy, a pantyliner was more than sufficient. After 8 weeks post op and still spotting, I stopped doing any type of physical activity; no exercise, no sexual activity. I only went to work, which I sit at a desk most of the day and did household duties; no heavy lifting. I was getting very worried about there being a more serious problem other than a slow healing process. My doc even said I was about to make him feel like he didn't know how to do his job. Patience is truly the key and staying positive. I started taking 500mg Vitamin C and Zinc tab a day to help.
Unread 12-17-2012, 09:21 AM

I'm not doing any heavy lifting, and as of yet I have not returned to work. Was it doctors advise not to do heavy lifting? I'm really not sure what I should or shouldn't be doing xx

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register