What about all the stuff on the wweb (negative) - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

What about all the stuff on the wweb (negative) What about all the stuff on the wweb (negative)

Unread 07-14-2002, 09:30 AM
What about all the stuff on the wweb (negative)

I totally agree with Horsewoman - that's a good point about all the damage babies do. I had a *large* fiboid removed(TAH/BSO) and have never felt better. Sex is better (even before the discomfort from the fibroid), the Big O is much better (feel like I'm 25 again), and sex feels about the same inside. Hormonally I feel better because I don't have horrible monthly mood swings.
I think we all have these fears but what you don't hear much about (except on this site) is all the good results of hyst.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-14-2002, 02:31 PM

Jittery,
Have these women actually HAD a hysterectomy yet?!

It's the best thing I ever did. Yes, it takes a while to heal, but after you do, it's great. Sex is absoutely the same. Mines better! I do have a bit of a stomach now, but I can live with that. I exercise, but it just won't go down flat as it was. I'll take the trade any day!
Unread 07-14-2002, 04:13 PM

I had both my primary doc and my gyn tell me for 2 years that I needed to have a hysterectomy. After trying some alternative methods of getting my periods under control, I decided to go with their suggestion. When your blood count gets so low that you dont have the energy to walk from the house to the car and back and you bleed constantly, passing hudge clots, I think that is a good indication that you are a good candidate for this type of surgery. I have one ovary and am not on HRT. None of my other organs seem to be "falling out" and as for the sex, neither myself nor my husband can tell any difference. I have lots of energy and my mood in general has improved 100%. I am in control of my life and it doesnt revolve around a period that caused me so much pain and misery. Having any type of surgery is scary but like my doc told me, the uterus is used for one thing and I had no desire to have another child, then why keep something that is causing so much pain? I had no feeling of becoming less a woman or any crazy thing like that. I knew that it was an organ that was deteriating and if I didnt get rid of it, I was going to be a basket case. It was one of the best things I ever did for myself. The nay sayers have their opinions like the rest of us, but I think if you took a poll, you would find that more people are glad they had a hysterectomy than those who dont.
Best of luck to you!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-14-2002, 05:22 PM
Hang in there!!!

Dear jittery and everyone else who is having to endure these last moments of waiting. It is great to research all you can but when you have come to the end of the road and you know the right decision for you is to have the hister. That is when you need encouragement and lots of hugs. I had my hister 7 months ago. It did take awhile so don't get impatient but I feel GREAT!!!!
My life has improved soooo much. I can't believe I put my surgery off for years. And as far as that nasty pre-surgery waiting. It is the PITS I cried constantly, my husband thought I was loosing it. Everyone said waiting was the worst part but I just had a hard time believing it. GUESS WHAT???? they were sooooo right. Sending lots of hugs and support Jacqui

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register