Looking forward to TAH | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Looking forward to TAH Looking forward to TAH

Unread 03-16-2009, 08:54 PM
Looking forward to TAH

This is going to sound really weird but since I've been reading this "for those who had large fibroids" post, I am actually "looking forward" to my TAH! I have sweat pants on today because I was doing some housework and everytime I look down at myself, I can't believe how round I've gotten! I have an 18+ week uterus and 5 large fibroids... thank you everyone so much for encouraging me. This is a far cry from last week when I found out I needed surgery and cried most of the day!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-17-2009, 05:12 AM
Looking forward to TAH

Hey LovetheLord.....tell me about it! I have one pair of jeans that fit me enough so I can button them. I call them my "go to town pants". I'm not buying anymore until after the surgery and things go down. I must have a pile of jeans 6 ft hight that I know I can get back into once this belly goes down. I'm one of those people that whenever I've gained weight, gains it everywhere but my belly so now I have not only gained weight everywhere but especially in my belly! ARG! I can't wait til this is over and I plan to get a grip on myself and lighten up considerably. It's been a long miserable winter! I can't believe you have 5 fibroids! Whew.....I know how I feel with this one. I can't imagine! When's your date for surgery?
Unread 03-18-2009, 11:16 PM
Looking forward to TAH

I have my endometrial biopsy tomorrow and I'm a bit nervous about it. I have heard that with very large fibroids (I have 5 the size of oranges and limes!), that it is much more difficult. I hope I sleep tonight... this is crazy. All the stuff I have lived through in my life and for some reason this is really freaking me out. Definitely the waiting is the worst part. SamUSA333, I'm SO glad they took your appendix and found this situation. Can you imagine if you didn't have the surgery what would have happened? This is a GREAT blessing that this discovery has been made! God is good!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-19-2009, 06:37 AM
Looking forward to TAH

I am three weeks post op from a tah (kept my ovaries). I had a large uterus with multiple fibroids and a large ovarian cyst (10cm by 8cm). My periods were incredibly heavy and painful and the cyst had to go so I opted for the TAH.

From the minute I woke up the lower back pain (creasing pain across but worst on the left side where cyst was) was GONE. And i wasn't using the morphine so it wasnt that. that pain has not come back since the op. But also so many other things are bettter already - lost that heavy feeling low down in my belly, regular BMs and a lot less diarreahea(?) and also lost a pinched nerve pain that used to go down my leg. Also despite the swelly belly there's a bit more definition to my stomach- used to feel nearly six or seven months pregnant so the swelly belly is about the same but first thing in the morning I can see a huge difference.

No action in the bedroom yet so nothing to report there but I am so glad I had the op. Despite the discomfort and a little bit of pain I have been telling everyone that I am in less pain that what I lived with on an almost daily basis.

glad to hear others have the same opinion.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register