So tired of this merrygo round: Polyps 3rd D&C | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

So tired of this merrygo round: Polyps  3rd D&C So tired of this merrygo round: Polyps 3rd D&C

Unread 09-22-2014, 06:46 PM
So tired of this merrygo round: Polyps 3rd D&C

New here. Age 49 about to have 3rd D&C. 1st was 10 yrs ago for endometrial polyp after months of round and round endo biopsy, sonohystogram not working due to dilated cervix. Went OK and no other issues until
5 years ago, suspected ectopic PG, or blighted ovum, D&C and heavy bleeding post surgery. Had to go on progesterone.

NOW no periods for 9 months then heavy bleeding last month and still going strong. Clots. Went to new GYN because old one made me feel hysterical after last procedure. He did TVU and saw what he thinks are more of the same polyps and scheduled D&C for next week. My GP suggested progesterone which I took yesterday and it helped a bit but made me feel nauseous and TBH I am scared to death to be on the hormone merry go round at my age. My mom had BC and I have had multiple biopsies and fibro cycstic. I want the bleeding to end and am so scare 1. that is is cancer or 2. that the bleeding will be made worse by D&C or it will not help at all. I really like the new gyn but am so worried. I just went back to work after full time parenting for many years and so don't have much sick time. My mother had a hysterectomy. for fibroids and cysts. Many friends have had hysterectomy. but my GP said insurance won't cover expcept in extreme cases. Soooo worried and frustrated and this is impacting my day to day life. All the bleeding. Wish me luck for D&C and more important after.........and a prayer too. :
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-26-2014, 03:45 AM
So scared D&C in 4 days but so much bleeding

New here age 49 two prior D&C for polyps 10 and 5 yrs ago. Two children age 13 and 14. No periods for months then a month ago non stop heavy bleeding. Medroxyprohesterone did nothing so stopped it. New gyn did TVU and scheduled D&C. Said probably more polyps. He didn't comment on endo thickness . But I saw tech also note cysts on ovary. I sooo scRed this bleeding is so bad. Scared of cancer scared of this bleeding.....My mom is BC survivor age 83 and two uncles died of colon cancer. I had a clearr colonoscopy in august..My mom had total hysterectomy for fibroids many many years ago and here I go down this path. So scared I won't even make it through DC it is so heavy.....pls help
Unread 09-27-2014, 10:04 PM
Re: So scared D&C in 4 days but so much bleeding

Dear christina:

I'm sorry you are having some upsetting symptoms, but hope your doc will have more answer for you after the D&C. Take a deep breath and know that your HysterSisters are here for yor support.

I am sending huge cyberhugs

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register