Incision, bowel and discharge concerns | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Incision, bowel and discharge concerns Incision, bowel and discharge concerns

Unread 08-10-2008, 03:11 PM
Incision, bowel and discharge concerns

HI All
I am headed into my 4 th wk of recovery and the ups and downs are unreal and tiresome. Yesterday was truly , truly the best day for me. However after watching movies all day at home and going out for 20 mins to get a carry out sub my incision on the left side seemed inflammed bright red and started oozing ( clear solution ) and I have the sharpest pains at my incision site on the left side it took my breath away. I am still struggling with awful real stomach problems especially today. I go normal #2 for a couple days then get really backed up so bad I get diarrhea and then have volitale BM's . Has anyone else had this??? I also have a discharge that is so much like a yeast infection when I pee it burns a little and also looks cloudy. I don't know if this is the discharge icky smelling stuff they talk about on the website or if this is a yeast infection which requires some antibiotics. I have seen no stitches come out .My doc is on vacation - I am going to call tomorrow and see if they have an associate covering as I have not seen her since the Tues of my second wk of recovery and am not scheduled to see her again til Aug 26 and I AM WORRIED. I agree we should get seen every week by our doc to just reassure our nerves.
thanks for listening all. I wish you all well and continue to take care of each of you. This website gives me comfort when I am feeling low and frustrated.
thanks
Di
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-10-2008, 06:01 PM
Incision, bowel and discharge concerns

Hey there Di

I'm so sorry that you are having these ups and downs.

I was going to suggest that even though your is on vacation, that you call the office - I see you plan to do that.

I'll be praying that you get an appointment and that your recovery starts to turn around.

Blessings on you ....

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register