worst pms ever | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

worst pms ever worst pms ever

Unread 03-20-2010, 10:42 AM
worst pms ever

I am having my worst PMS episode ever and I've had plenty of doozies in my time. My period is due any time and for the last few days I am so bloated my fingers hurt (water pill suddenly not doing the trick). I am constantly very dizzy, terrible migraines, cramps, naseau, hot flashes from hell, and crying at the drop of a hat. I also feel like I'm going to jump out of my skin from anxiety. Add this to the symptoms caused by the fibroids - bad back and leg pain, problems walking, heavy feeling in pelvis and legs etc. and I feel like a complete mess. Am scheduled for March 29 so this is my last one but it is going out with a bang.

Just wanted to say good riddance to all of this. I've had difficult cycles since I was 12 and I am 50 now so I've suffered enough. I swear though my body is getting even with me - I'll have the last laugh - it's the brain that's in charge!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-20-2010, 01:10 PM
Re: worst pms ever

Hi,

Sorry to hear you are having a rough time before surgery. Try to rest as best you can. Aunt flo was really p...d with me too!!! Guess we at least know why we are/were having this done. I promise it is much better on the other side. My TAH was 3/3. Hope your aunt doesn't stay for long! Best of luck and see you on the other side!

Laurie
Unread 03-20-2010, 02:04 PM

(((dyanne)))

I'm sending gentle and I hope you feel better soon! Hang in there. The 29th will be here soon!

Deb
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-20-2010, 02:08 PM

Sounds like me before my cycle starts. The nausea, vomiting, crying jags, cramps, anxiety, skin crawling, hot flashes, night sweats, headaches, add in some diarrhea, legs swelling up...waking up with swollen hands and face (no one can explain that), lower back kills ..yep got those too right now.

My surgery is scheduled April 13th. I keep telling myself "only two more of these to go, and number 2 cycle will be short lived" (yes, going in when my cycle will be here)

I think Aunt Flo knows her time is limited and is going to give me hell!

Soon, this will be all over and you will never have to experience "mother nature" again!!
Unread 03-20-2010, 08:25 PM

Its so hard for me to imagine my life with no PMS and no periods!

With my last bout of PMS I actually wished I could kill myself.
I'm always a total witch to everyone, cramps that feel like labor contractions, pain down to my knees, bloating, I'm NOT going to miss it!

I'll be going in a day or so before AF is due, so I will be in full PMS mode when I go for mine!
There will be much satisfaction if I can cut the horomones off while they're out of control, like cutting the monsters head off, AH HA HA!
Hopefully AF doesn't decide to come a couple days early and I don't have to go through the cramps again!

That would be funny if I started THEE day of surgery.

At least I'm going in at 6:30am so if I do I will be at the hospital when the cramps start and asking for some good pain meds!
Unread 03-20-2010, 11:17 PM

Thanks for the encouragement esp. the part about it being so much better on the other side. I am nervous about a couple of things with the surgery but very nervous about the sudden onset menopause. After living with all this for so many years - I don't think it could be worse. I think I will try without the HRT because of my thyroid problems-don't want to try to balance more hormones if I don't have to. Hugs to you and quick recovery!
Unread 03-20-2010, 11:19 PM

Thanks Deb,

At first I was relieved it was six weeks away. Now, I wish it could have done right away, I am soooo ready! Hugs to you too!
Unread 03-20-2010, 11:24 PM

Good Luck to you on April 16th. Your symptoms are so familiar to me. I wonder why some women get hit so hard and some not at all or hardly at all. My best friend gets a little bloating and some salt/chocolate cravings and that's it. My sister only gets the raving lunatic part but her cycles are light. I asked my daughter (19) because I was worried she would be hit with this kind of problem. She told me she really doesn't notice anything with her periods and they are light and short. I was so relieved because I've had this since I was a teen - missed a lot of school and it was always on the heavy-very crampy side. I hope she takes after the other side of the family on this one.

I won't miss "mother nature" but she is sure letting me know it's not nice to fool with her. Hugs
Unread 03-20-2010, 11:31 PM

I love the imagery of "cutting the monster's head off." That's a great way to describe all this. I am sitting here waiting for my period to start and indescribably happy that it will be the last one. In a way, I think the surgical menopause will be ok. A lot of people skip one or two months and then get one - one woman told me she skipped about seven months and then started again. That would be terrible- to think you were free and then boom! I for one, need to plan for this thing so I don't schedule work, or a vacation or wear light clothes or heck even stray too far from the bathroom. At least with the hyster. it will come on and I will know it is over! good luck to you on your special day!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register