18 days post.....LONG RAMBLINGS | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

18 days post.....LONG RAMBLINGS 18 days post.....LONG RAMBLINGS

Unread 10-02-2005, 09:26 PM
18 days post.....LONG RAMBLINGS

I went to my 2 week appointment Thursday Sept. 29 only to get there and my OB/GYN was in a delivery. I was asked to reschedule but I had lots of questions. Well, 2 very important questions. So they called another GYN in the office to talk to me. She had assisted in my surgery so I was ok with it. She told me that my path report came back negative. Menaing, no cancer (whew), no endo, and no adeno reported. ???? So I said "so I did it for nothing?" The dr said, "no you needed it out and we took it out. You are going to better for it" Not so reassuring to me I guess. I know I had a ton of pain. And I know I will be better off without it. I mentioned my ovary pain. She said we would have to talk to my reg GYN and see what she wants to do. She said I could drive and my hubby could go back to work. On Friday the office called and the nurde said she talked to my reg GYN and she said that she didn't feel it would be a cyst so soon after surgery since both ovaries looked fine. She said to keep an eye on it for the next couple of months and then let her know and she may do an ultra sound. Thats fine. But I guess I didn't realize that I would still get PMS. I don't know as much about my body as I presumed I did. I have had the WORST case of PMS this week I think I have ever had! But I will say, though I had that, I had no PAIN with it. I mean no severe bring me to my knees and make me cry pain. I am loving that. So I don't know what I am thinking. I guess I feel sad a bit. And the nurse told me I could go about my regular routine as long as I didn't hurt. So ok. I went to a football game Friday night with 2 of my kids. It was homecoming. Then 2 of my kids had football on Saturday and I walked a lot and had to carry my 2 year old. My hubby had to work the night before so I was on my own. I HURT so BAD last night!!!! OMG, I felt like I was back to day 3 of post op!!! And all day today I have hurt. So Ok, I know I overdid it. My hubby is mad at me. He keeps telling me to slow down. But I am having a hard time with it. I laid around and let things go for 2 weeks in here and the house basically fell apart! I can't stand that. Oh yeah, I had to steam clean my living room carpet last night too because my 8 year old cut her foot really bad and bled everywhere. Hubby was at work. And that carpet cleaner is not easy to push. My brother has been in the hospital since Tuesday, so I have been up there a few times. Can you say I am stressed? Maybe I am just too hard on myself. Ok, sorry I rambled. I haven't been able to get this off my chest and don't know where to turn. Thanks if you read this far.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-03-2005, 02:56 AM

it sounds to me like you need to slow down. it's a pain about you still getting PMS and I'm sorry to hear about your pain. i know it must be really hard to rest when you have little ones but you could slow down your recovery by doing too much. take care of yourself. God Bless. jean XX
Unread 10-03-2005, 04:35 AM

I'm sorry you are hurting... slow down... I know it is frustrating... you are heading into the time when your internal stitches will be disolving... be careful to not hurt yourself internally... damage now results in problems later... the house can wait... it's not going anywhere... yes I've been giving myself the same lecture...

Mary
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-03-2005, 06:02 AM

Slow down!!! I understand wanting to take care of your house, kids, family. Part of that means taking care of yourself too. You've mentioned several kids -- can you arrange a car pool or something to help you for a few more weeks? I hope your daughter is okay.
Unread 10-03-2005, 10:11 AM

Thanks everyone. My family is also telling me to slow down. I guess maybe I am like this because I don't have any incision and think I am fine. I guess it really hasn't hit me how big of a surgery this really has been. I know they took out an organ. It's just hard. I am a very independent controlling person and want to take care of everything on my own as I did before surgery. It isn't easy to change. :-\ But I will take the advice and slow down. My house is fairly clean now since I got a ton done over the weekend. And we sold our hyperactive puppy who reverted back to pottying in the house. So it should stay fairly clean for a few days. LOL Thanks again.
Unread 10-03-2005, 10:48 AM

Isn't it something how the DH's can sit there and say "I told you not to over do it!" HELLOOOOO! Then why aren't you there to pick up the slack when I need you to instead of acting like you are disgusted because I am not better yet!!!!!!!!!!!
Unread 10-03-2005, 10:52 AM

I have a big hairy dog, and I don't think DH or Dkids no what the he*l the vacume (sp) is for. I think I will just leave it (it is killing me, if anybody comes over to visit I'm sooooooooo embarrased) and make the DH andDKids sweaters for christmas? What do you guys think?

Oh forgot to also mention that dusting apparently isn't in their vocabulary either. Didn't know everyone could wallow in their own filth. I just go to my room and close the door, and pretend it doesn't look like a tornado went through my house.
Unread 10-03-2005, 11:02 AM

Thank the Lord for my mother who comes once a week to clean the bathrooms and vaccuum and whatever else I want her to do. But..just the act of living causes the house to be untidy and those clothes will not wash themselves, those towels will not hang themselves up after you use them, your clothes do not walk to the hamper or fold themselves up and put themselves away, your coffee cup I find on the bathroom counter every morning can not get to the dishwasher on it's own, your leftover food does not dump itself nor does the plate or dish rinse itself off or climb into the dishwasher by itself, shoes do not walk to the closet, coats do not hang themselves up on the coat rack...............DOES ANYONE HEAR ME?????
Unread 10-03-2005, 12:22 PM

I told all the Dkids when they went to school today (about 1/2 hour before they left) that anything (and I ment anything) of theirs that was left lying around the house, was going into the garbage, I've never seen kids run and clean so fast in my life!!!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register