Upcoming hysterectomy 12/5: Fibromyalgia and pancreatitis | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Upcoming hysterectomy 12/5: Fibromyalgia and pancreatitis Upcoming hysterectomy 12/5: Fibromyalgia and pancreatitis

Unread 12-03-2016, 01:01 AM
Upcoming hysterectomy 12/5: Fibromyalgia and pancreatitis

With my hysterectomy coming up on Monday I have a couple of concerns. I have fibromyalgia along with Chronic Fatigue Immune Deficiency Syndrome, and chronic pancreatitis. I am concerned about post op fibro flare and a pancreatitis flare up. Anyone else with either or both of these issues? Anyone else who is post op and has had one or both of these issues to deal with? Just wanting some feed back.

Thank You Hystersisters the information on fibromyalgia and a hysterectomy was helpful.

Thank you,
Cherimtj
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-05-2016, 02:23 PM
Re: Upcoming hysterectomy 12/5: Fibromyalgia and pancreatitis

We are very glad you've joined us! I have Connective Tissue Disorder, which is a different autoimmune disease. It presents much like fibro and scleroderma.

First, it's important that all your doctors are on board with your condition and any meds you take. If you have a rheumatologist, make sure he is aware of your upcoming surgery. If necessary, ask him to speak directly with your surgeon.

Second, have a pain control plan in place before your surgery. What will be prescribed for you to take at home? Will you be able to continue your regular meds? If the medication your doctor prescribes isn't working well, will a different one be phoned in? If you need a refill, will this request be honored? Some doctors do not refill narcotic medication, especially over the phone. I needed several refills post op.

I expected to spend one night in hospital, but I ended up staying for two. I had concerns regarding pain control, but happily I did well with Tylenol 3 and anti-inflammatory medication. I suggest that you take your pain meds around the clock the first few days home. My DH set his alarm and woke me during the night to take them.

Here are some articles to help:

Chronic Health Concern & Hysterectomy

Fibro & Hysterectomy

Fibro & Hysterectomy Recovery

You will meet with your Anesthesiologist before you go into the OR. Tell him everything about your condition, and any meds you take. Tell him any concerns you have regarding pain, nausea, your neck or your back. Tell him of any secondary conditions, even if you think they aren't important. I have Raynaud's secondary to my AI disease and I almost didn't think to tell my Anesthesiologist... this was important information and he perked right up when I told him.

I did not have a flare after my surgery, but I do believe my recovery was longer and more uncomfortable due to my autoimmune disease. I was cleared to return to work at 8 weeks post op. I returned gradually and my first 3 weeks back at work were part time. It was still very difficult for me.

While physical trauma can send some people into a fibro "spin", so can stress and emotional trauma. So do your best to relax and keep calm before your surgery. Take bubble baths, go for walks, meditate, do yoga. Keep busy and distracted with family and friends. Stop all negative or worrisome "self-talk" as soon as it starts. Believe that you will do great post op. You are in control of you.

Hugs & best wishes for a safe surgery and uneventful recovery!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register