Ready or not... Here we go!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Ready or not... Here we go!! Ready or not... Here we go!!

Unread 07-11-2004, 03:29 PM
Ready or not... Here we go!!

I've been reading all the posts from the 7/12 Ladies and I'm here with you! We went camping this weekend and I just got home. I've missed all of you!! I'm going to go pack my bag and drink my otion: for bowel prep. 24 hours from now, I'll be a princess!! I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS DAY IS FINALLY HERE!! Good luck to all the other July 12 Princesses!! I'll see you on the other side!!

Michelle
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-11-2004, 04:43 PM

I am too excited and jittery about tomorrow!! It will be all over.. but you have to do a bowl prep??? They never gave me anything like that for tomorrow.. just nothing after midnight.. like I can really eat anyway , it doesnt stay just keeps on moving from nerves.. Good luck and God Bless you all tomorrow...
Unread 07-11-2004, 05:34 PM

I had the option of doing a bowel prep. He told me it's not really necessary but if there's an earthquake during my surgery and he knicks my bowel, the bowel guy won't fix it unless I've done a bowel prep. I'm also thinking that I absolutely do not want to be constipated so I'm taking no chances.

I am absolutely a nervous wreck!! Nothing is done around here!! Oh well... I guess my family will survive. Talk to you later!

Michelle
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-11-2004, 05:53 PM

Good luck ladies!!!!

I wanted to chime in here and mention some very important information.

Do not do any prep that YOUR doctor has not ordered (or given you an option about) without your doctor knowing you are doing it!!! EVERY doctor has his/her own way of doing things and his/her own reasons behind it!!! ALWAYS FOLLOW YOUR DOCTORS ORDERS!!!!!

As far as the GI surgeon not doing any repairs to knicks if they happen and you have not been cleaned out----in my experience, as a nurse, this is not true! If a repair is needed, they will NOT leave you "dirty" and at risk for infection!!!!

Do not do any preps---shave, bowel, change in diet---anything, unless YOUR doctor has instructed you to do so!!!

I had no prep, other than the typical NPO at Midnight ordered.

Best of luck to all pre-ops!!!

's,
Ronda
Unread 07-11-2004, 06:08 PM

Gee must be nice girls.

I've been on bowel prep all day today. Clear liquids only since mid-night. Fleet Phosfus Laxative this AM - another this PM and 2 enemas before bedtime. NPO after midnight.

Guess she has her reasons for doing this.........................but sure has made me miserable.
Unread 07-11-2004, 06:39 PM
finally here

hello ladies
just wanted to say
GOOD LUCK to everyone having surgery tomorrow
i will be having mine tomorrow as well
like alot of you,my nerves are so bad cant keep any food on stomach to long, so have stopped trying.
im sure everything will work out fine but cant get my nerves to understand ,,haha
anyway lots of luck !!!!!!!!
willow
Unread 07-11-2004, 07:02 PM

Best of luck to all you ladies for Monday's surgeries. My prayers will go with you.
Unread 07-11-2004, 07:30 PM

I just wanted to say best of wishes to all of you ladies and I can not wait to get on the other side next month

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register