Help Loss Of feeling in Pubic hair area? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Help Loss Of feeling in Pubic hair area? Help Loss Of feeling in Pubic hair area?

Unread 07-17-2005, 10:18 PM
Help Loss Of feeling in Pubic hair area?

Dear Sisters,

I am 4 weeks out tomorrow, the 19th of July and have discovered that I have no sense of touch in my pubic hair area, is this because of nerve endings still to grow I do not see the DD till next week, but wondered if any other sisters had same thing happen. If so did the feeling come back and how long did it take? I am worried! Any feedback would be appreciated.

TAH, LSO Cyst on left Ovary, Adhesions retroverted uterus, Adenmyosis, Bleeding since 2000, Anemia.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-18-2005, 12:10 AM

Yes, I'm five weeks out and there is still some numbness in the area, as well as around the incision. You have a bikini, right? I think it might take a few months for full feeling to come back.

Anybody have advice on how to hurry it along?
Unread 07-18-2005, 01:02 AM

Hi, I'm 8 weeks out and I am also numb. It is completely normal, however, I think I have an oddity. I had alot of bruising on the right side of my pubic area (it looked like a port wine stain and was really sensitive). I am now left with a big round bald patch where I used to have hair. It is not growing in at all, and it looks ridiculous...lol. I think there must be nerve damage. Has this happened to anyone else?

Thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-18-2005, 05:15 AM

I am 3 months tomorrow and still have some numbness. It has gotten better but slowly. My tummy is still the area that has no feeling. It will gradually come back, don't worry.
Unread 07-18-2005, 08:03 AM

I am 11 weeks post and I am still numb above the bikini cut scar about 3 inches wide across my belly but below my navel. My scar is numb too and also about 1 inch below it where the pubic hair is. I hatethis sensation and hope some day it'll come back. I had a friend who had it and the feeling never came back (it's been 15 years) My doctor said it will come back. He better be right!!
Unread 07-18-2005, 08:08 AM

I am a little more than a year post op. Most of the feeling returned gradually over about 8 months. Now if I am really active my stomach gets hard, and a little numb feeling. But the pubic area feeling returned over time. If you have a chance to read a book called "For Women Only" by Burns and Burns, they have a few pages about this feeling following surgery. I found it helpful when I was so worried. For some it doesn't improve, and for some it does. I guess waiting and patience is the only thing to do?
Unread 07-18-2005, 10:18 AM

Hi

I'm 3 1/2 months and still numb in the pubic hair area and all around the incision. My Surgeon told me it takes at least a year for the nerves to 'find themselves' and for the feeling to return. Some Sisters have said some of it never returns.

Apparently, this only happens with the horizontal bikini incision.

I'm quite used to it now, although it drives me mad when the numb area itches (don't ask me how!) and scratching is useless as I can't feel it! :cry:

Unread 07-18-2005, 10:36 AM

Oh, thank goodness. I thought something might be wrong. I'm almost 4 months out and still don't have a lot of sensation. It still feels rather numb below the scar.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register