Close to my surgery and getting nervous! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Close to my surgery and getting nervous! Close to my surgery and getting nervous!

Unread 05-26-2001, 08:47 AM
Close to my surgery and getting nervous!

I'm scheduled for surgery on 6/7/01, it will be a LATVH and seems the closer I get, the more my stoamch hurts. Could this be stress or is it all in my head? I will be glad to put this all behind me and hope to have a normal life again! One more question. I'm an administrative assistant and I'm told by my doctor I could go back to work in two weeks after my surgery, but my co-workers who have had this surgery say I will be out about 6-8 weeks. Would my doctor tell me wrong????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-26-2001, 09:05 AM

Dear FLO Sun,

Hi!

I am scheduled for a TVH 6/11, and I too am getting more anxious as the days go by...

I had heard of a case where someone was back to work at 2 weeks after a TVH, however, my DD has said minimum of 4 weeks, possibly more, depending on how I heal.

Big question...I'd really like to get an idea of when I'll really be back to work...4 weeks seems short, but 6 weeks is too long!?!?!?!

Good Luck!!
Unread 05-26-2001, 10:11 AM

Thanks KMB!

I'm sure the waiting is the harest part, stress can really do a number on the body! My goal is to only be off work two weeks, since I have vaction the end of August and already have plans to visit Seattle, so I will hope and pray for a speedy recovery!
Take Care,
Florida Sunshine
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-26-2001, 10:30 AM

Hi!! I think that pain is almost never in our heads. But what I noticed is that as the surgery date gets closer, we are more aware of the pain, maybe because now we're paying attention to every little thing!

I think that 2 weeks to go back to work is not too accurate. Many women here have had this surgery, and although you don't have to deal with external incision, the inside work is pretty extensive! You must rest and give yourself every chance to heal properly. Look at it this way...at three weeks, most of us are just losing the residual effects of anesthesia. Many insurance companies will not cover you for any accidents until four weeks after major surgery!!

If I were in your shoes, I'd insist on four weeks home from work...with the provision that if you feel you need it, you'll take six! The most important thing is that you listen to your own body. We are all different and heal at different rates. But two weeks.....I don't think so.

Keep posting and reading, and we'll help you get through this! Waiting is the hardest part.

Karen
Unread 05-26-2001, 01:20 PM

Thanks Karen,

I guess I'm always more worried about my job and if my employer will get upset if I'm off too long. We all need to have a paycheck. I think I have always worried more about others and maybe I should start worrying more about me. I had a laproscopy and some adhesions removed about 4 months ago and was back to work in two days, even though I was still sore. Again I was thinking about my job and not me!
Thanks for the advise.
Take Care
Florida Sunshine

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register