Scheduled TAH Just a little scared tonight | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Just a little scared tonight Just a little scared tonight

Unread 12-30-2012, 10:58 PM
Just a little scared tonight

Hello everyone. I've been checking in and out of this website since I decided to follow though with my hysterectomy. It is awesome!

I am 46 years old and have two large fibroids, and a very large uterus. I've been infertile all my life and have been riddled with problems in my reproductive area since I was a young teen. My surgeon(s) and I decided it was a good idea to remove my uterus, cervix and fallopian tubes as I've been riddled with problems. I am pleased that this operation will remove the pain and bleeding. I've accepted infertility many years ago and that is not a problem. My family is supportive.

But I am getting scared as I am coming out of denial that this is going to happen.

Don't get me wrong, I made this decision myself but I have had so many surgeries in the past my poor body is worrying me. I am preparing for the emotional loss, but I am worrying about the repurcussions of the surgery itself. Usually I am so strong, but today... I am really scared.

My surgery is scheduled for January 17. I'll be back to my normal, happy self soon enough but is it normal to be freaking out? Probably yes, but I'm just feeling a little needy tonight.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-30-2012, 11:41 PM
Re: Just a little scared tonight

I am 33 will be 34 years old at d weeks post op. I have just over a week before my surgery! I had my tubes tied back in summer so no more kids for me (have 3). I am scared to death and as days get closer makes it worse. All I am aware of is I have one large fibriod on outside of uterus and inbetween overies. I dont have heavy bleeding and I dont have a period but every 3 months or so. The pain I have is horrible and been dealing with it for 6 plus years. I have been told its normal to be scared no matter what! Best wishes to you.
Unread 12-31-2012, 02:23 AM

Sisters it is very normal to be scared before surgery. I had never had a surgery before so had no idea of what to expect so I was freaking out as well. This board and the post op board provide a wealth of information and I always feel like if I am mentally prepared and prepared at home for the recovery time then it eases my fears a bit. This is a time to just focus on you - hugs and good luck to you - you will be on the road to recovery soon!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-31-2012, 03:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angie000 View Post
Hello everyone. I've been checking in and out of this website since I decided to follow though with my hysterectomy. It is awesome!

I am 46 years old and have two large fibroids, and a very large uterus. I've been infertile all my life and have been riddled with problems in my reproductive area since I was a young teen. My surgeon(s) and I decided it was a good idea to remove my uterus, cervix and fallopian tubes as I've been riddled with problems. I am pleased that this operation will remove the pain and bleeding. I've accepted infertility many years ago and that is not a problem. My family is supportive.

But I am getting scared as I am coming out of denial that this is going to happen.

Don't get me wrong, I made this decision myself but I have had so many surgeries in the past my poor body is worrying me. I am preparing for the emotional loss, but I am worrying about the repurcussions of the surgery itself. Usually I am so strong, but today... I am really scared.

My surgery is scheduled for January 17. I'll be back to my normal, happy self soon enough but is it normal to be freaking out? Probably yes, but I'm just feeling a little needy tonight.
Hi,

I had a TAH on 13th Dec. I had very large clusters of fibroids and my womb was very large. My story is on the story part of this site. It is not an easy surgery and nerves are normal. Read as much as you can but dont let some of the stories scare you. Read the good and the bad experiences but know that your experience will be individual. Go with an open mind. I was up and about pretty quickly and have not had any horrendous pain. Take the pain killers offered to you and listen to your body. I made sure that i had things to do post surgery as i knew that i would be bored and restless. Ive been making photobooks of our vacations and my twins prom nights instead of just having photos on disks. I have my kindle full of books i want to read as well.
Denise

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register