Scheduled LAVH Surgery tommorow | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Surgery tommorow Surgery tommorow

Unread 12-28-2012, 06:56 AM
Surgery tommorow

IM having LAVH 12-29....Im getting anxious my biggest concern is this 23 hour observation and being in a room with people..Im off to get my bloodwork soon must be done day before so i will ask just exactly what kind of room i will be in...I told my DH i will check myself out if im stuck with a bunch of old folks LOL....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-28-2012, 09:03 AM
Re: Surgery tommorow

I just had my surgery done on the 26th and left the hospital yesterday by 10:30. I had a room to myself. It was a room for two but I never got a bunk mate at all. So I hung out in my room and sleep on and off the whole time. The observation was the pain in the but. People in and out every 4 hours to do vitals and check on me. They let me go earlier then I thought cause I had gas, could go pee by myself and walked around a lot. I wish you luck. Its not so bad once you get it done
Unread 12-28-2012, 09:59 AM

Thanks here is to hoping no roomate....I even asked when i just went for blood work and she couldnt give me an answer all she said was private room is 61 dollars a night i said i would pay it lol....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-28-2012, 11:05 AM

My room was a single. I was on the GYN Cancer floor and I think that all of the rooms were singles. It was huge! There was a couch by the window that converted to a bed for DH. I had a very easy time in the hospital but it was really nice to have family privacy (both of my daughters were able to be there as well, my one daughter goes to college in Baltimore and the other was able to take off from work and make the 2.5 hour trip). I would have also paid extra for the private room if I had to!
Unread 12-28-2012, 01:22 PM

My DVH/BSO was a 23 hour observation with possibility of staying over. I had a large private room which was very nice as it gave family privacy to talk while I was out of it. I also loved the privacy once I woke up.
Unread 12-30-2012, 06:03 PM

I had lavh on Nov.28 th - I had a room all to myself , but I was so out of it afterwards I didn't even notice ! But, the next day I was using the bathroom by myself and up walking around ( that's a really good thing - the more walking the better) I hope this helps , and you get ur own room !
Unread 12-31-2012, 06:29 AM

I'm all done with surgery was in a double room but no roommate thank god...everything was removed but 1 ovary..they found pelvic congested syndrome worst case they ever saw just glad I know all my pelvic pain was not in my head....I am sore and it's from the gas and tired I had zero sleep in hospital begged to go home Sunday and they let me...I will post in post op when I am able to sit better on my computer and not from my phone...
Unread 12-31-2012, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by angy712 View Post
I'm all done with surgery was in a double room but no roommate thank god...everything was removed but 1 ovary..they found pelvic congested syndrome worst case they ever saw just glad I know all my pelvic pain was not in my head....I am sore and it's from the gas and tired I had zero sleep in hospital begged to go home Sunday and they let me...I will post in post op when I am able to sit better on my computer and not from my phone...
on a successful surgery. I'm glad that you are home. Now it's time to

Unread 12-31-2012, 09:06 AM

Welcome to the back. Take it easy and slow for a while. Happy to hear you got a room to your self.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register