weight gain? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 06-10-2005, 01:12 AM
weight gain?

I was just wondering why women after a hysterectomy gain weright. I have gained alot of weight since my surgery and I have never gained weight this fast before. Does anyone know the answer to this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-10-2005, 01:40 AM
weight gain?

Hi Erin;

Some weight gain could be caused by HRT although it is an on going debate.

If you do ao google search and type in the words, HRT and weight gain, you can read all about it!

Take care!

Sybie
Unread 06-10-2005, 04:57 AM
weight gain?

A friend of mine also gained quite a bit of weight after her hysterectomy in January. Reading through my leaftlet the other day, which my Gynae gave me, it says that you do not gain weight from having a hysterectomy but because you eat more. I think the lack of exercise contributes to weight gain during recovery. My friend didn't think she ate more than usual. Maybe once your more mobile, the weight may come off you.

Jess
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-10-2005, 05:26 AM
weight gain?

I've heard of people gaining weight after a hysterectomy, but I am a little over 3 weeks post op and I've lost 10lbs. I chose not to take HRT, instead I take Caltrate with soy and so far I've had no hotflashes.
Unread 06-10-2005, 05:41 AM
YIKES!!

I am expecting to LOSE weight after surgery. Geez, this is not good news.

Well, I've signed up for weightlifting again this coming Fall semester. I refuse, I refuse to get fatter.
Unread 06-10-2005, 05:46 AM
one year later

I had a patch put on the day after surgery-vivelle.1. I also take testosterone orally and use testosterone cream

I exercise, eat healthy (limit the bad carbs, eat the good carbs), and take supplements. I weigh the same as I did one year ago, so I didn't lose or gain. I must admit though I haven't been exercising as much as usual lately. I am in my mid 50's too, so feel like I have to be extra careful about what I put in my body.

My doc says some women do gain a lot quickly when on HRT, it is just something to watch for. But I haven't seen studies to confirm or deny that.
Unread 06-10-2005, 05:52 AM
weight gain?

I have talked with so many women who have had a Hyst. A lot of them have gained weight. Most of them took HRT. Myself I choose not to have HRT. Will be 3 months post-op on the 16th. and have not gained. I lost weight. I want that weight back on. But we really do need the execrise. I like walking and try not to miss one day of walking two miles. Also use light weights.
Unread 06-10-2005, 09:24 AM
hello

hello ladies ,im almost 3 weeks post op ,and i have lost 16 lbs since surgery yahhhhhhhoooooooooo,which im very ahppy about,i also noticed that i cant eat much at dinner or lunch,i just eat half of the serving instead of the full or going back for 2nds.... and drinkign lots of water has helped too.. dana
Unread 06-10-2005, 09:35 AM
weight gain?

I'm 3 mo. post op and have not gained any weight. I am 50, and have a hard time losing weight. I noticed that I can't eat as much now, either. If I do, my belly hurts; so, I eat little bits here and there. I also go to Curves 3-4 times a wk, which I am hoping will help me maintain. I'm not taking anything...hope I won't have to later on. It's a battle that has to be fought every day! Good luck ladies!
Unread 06-10-2005, 09:37 AM
weight gain

Hi There
Simple answer from my own point of view,I eat exactly the same since T.V.H on 22/04/05 as I did before the op but can't do the strenuous excercise I did pre op ,for me that spells disaster especially as I'm diabetic too and have my full review for this on 14TH June,my diabetic nurse will go ballistic,wish I could wave a magic wand and the weight would come off,good luck to you all in your quest for "The Slimmer You"
Pat xx

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register