Day 7 post hysterectomy feeling low | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Day 7 post hysterectomy feeling low Day 7 post hysterectomy feeling low

Unread 10-27-2014, 04:18 PM
Day 7 post hysterectomy feeling low

Not a good day today 7 days post op and feeling low. My afternoon naps have stopped, infact not sleeping too well at all. I can't concentrate for too long. Have had a gentle walk around the block and done a few little things around the house much to my hubby's disaproval. I have needed this hysterectomy for the last five years and have had to fight for it. Due to a complication after my sons birth my uterus wouldnt contract so they had to perform a procedure to tie it down (b lynch suture), I now find myself looking for someone to blame which I've never felt before. I'm really hoping this feeling will pass. Just really needed a little grumble in the hope I get over this small hurdle
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-27-2014, 04:48 PM
Re: Day 7 feeling low

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supernanny1979 View Post
Not a good day today 7 days post op and feeling low. My afternoon naps have stopped, infact not sleeping too well at all. I can't concentrate for too long. Have had a gentle walk around the block and done a few little things around the house much to my hubby's disaproval. I have needed this hysterectomy for the last five years and have had to fight for it. Due to a complication after my sons birth my uterus wouldnt contract so they had to perform a procedure to tie it down (b lynch suture), I now find myself looking for someone to blame which I've never felt before. I'm really hoping this feeling will pass. Just really needed a little grumble in the hope I get over this small hurdle
Please accept that it is normal to have up and down feelings after surgery. Try to find something to read, watch, eat that could distract you, cheer you up. Reach out to a friend or family, give those around you a chance to help you.
Hang in there.
Unread 10-27-2014, 05:00 PM
Re: Day 7 feeling low

Hi,

I too couldn't sleep post op and it was for more than a week. My sleep didn't become normal for several weeks due to just overall discomfort. I learned to sleep when I could and rest. Hang in there. Things will get better just remember that you had major surgery and it will take time for your body to heal.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-28-2014, 04:19 AM
Re: Day 7 post hysterectomy feeling low

Hi

Sorry to hear you are feeling a bit blue.

It completely normal though. This stuff really pulls us ladies about, physically and emotionally. Then once it's all done we expect to emerge back to out normal selves...sort of 'super woman plus'!

It's really early for you. Be kind to yourself. I am 6 weeks after a TAH and only feel like I am coming around now!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register