Post TAH 17 month's ago and still have abdomen/pelvic pain | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Post TAH 17 month's ago and still have abdomen/pelvic pain Post TAH 17 month's ago and still have abdomen/pelvic pain

Unread 07-31-2013, 06:44 PM
Post TAH 17 month's ago and still have abdomen/pelvic pain

Good evening ladies, so does anyone still have pain and feel uncomfortable? I still can't bend over or lean on anything. It is very frustrating when I hear that soo many have gone back to work and normal activities after 6 months the most, not that iam not happy for them it's just that I feel like I am the only one that didn't heal after 1 1/2 years. So not that I want anyone to be in pain but it would be comforting to know I am not crazy and alone. :'(
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-01-2013, 08:57 AM
Re: Post TAH 17 month's ago and still have abdomen/pelvic pain

No, you are not alone... I am almost one year post op (TAH) and still have some pain with bending, and some uncomfortable spots that can get more painful with activity. Even though I took my early recovery very easy and had no complications, it is taking a long time to 100% healed, looks like it will be over a year for me too.
Unread 08-01-2013, 09:02 AM

I'm in the same boat, im only 3 months and I still have numbness in my belly. I also swell with activity. I get the twinges of pain also. I cant wear my regular clothes. I am beyond frustrated because I thought after my initial recovery I would no longer have a reminder of this operation.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-01-2013, 04:39 PM

Cibomatto, thank you for getting back to Me even though iam not happy that you are still in pain but it helps to know that it's not all on My mind like the Dr said to Me. So how long after your surgery did you get back to a sort of normal life? It really did take Me a full year and now at 17 months iam ALMOST THERE. Hope you start to feel better sooner then Me, take care and keep in touch ;-)
Unread 08-01-2013, 04:51 PM

reese42, don't worry what you are feeling is definitely normal for only 3 months, don't get down about it, you might be one of the lucky ones I have heard of so many good stories. And the numbness is part of healing process. What kind of hysterectomy did you have laparoscopic, abdomen cut, or the robot? I eas cut from hip to hip so iam still numb on the left side (I think it's there for good) but you have a ways to go so take it slow and think positive. Hugs to you ♥
Unread 08-01-2013, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katwoman1013 View Post
Cibomatto, thank you for getting back to Me even though iam not happy that you are still in pain but it helps to know that it's not all on My mind like the Dr said to Me. So how long after your surgery did you get back to a sort of normal life? It really did take Me a full year and now at 17 months iam ALMOST THERE. Hope you start to feel better sooner then Me, take care and keep in touch ;-)
Katwoman, I wasn't getting back to most activities until about 4-5 months out, though not with feeling more normal until about 7 or 8 months, and still not quite normal... My OBGYN dismissed me after my 6 week checkup, said I was fine, didn't need to see him any more. My GP said full healing could take up to a year and told me about her knee surgery. (Whatever!) I've had some plateaus but the general direction is towards things getting better, so I think eventually I will not have any pains or swelly belly (yes, I still get it.) Like you, I would also like to see more posts from women who did not feel all healed at over a year out even with no specific issues, and would like to know how long it did take for them to feel better, and what, if anything, they did about it. I'm really glad to hear you see a light at the end of the tunnel and hope to hear soon that you feel ALL GOOD!
Unread 08-03-2013, 03:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katwoman1013 View Post
reese42, don't worry what you are feeling is definitely normal for only 3 months, don't get down about it, you might be one of the lucky ones I have heard of so many good stories. And the numbness is part of healing process. What kind of hysterectomy did you have laparoscopic, abdomen cut, or the robot? I eas cut from hip to hip so iam still numb on the left side (I think it's there for good) but you have a ways to go so take it slow and think positive. Hugs to you ♥
I had a laparoscopic that was converted to an abdominal. Thanks for the kind words. I feel like people (AKA spouse, family and coworkers) just don't understand what we go through with this operation. Even Drs., don't fully understand what we go through post op. I'm so grateful for this website.
Unread 08-06-2013, 07:00 PM

Dear Sisters,
I have 10 months after my total laparoscopic surgery and I am still in pain specially on my left ovary. My ovaries were left. I do get very tired in the evening and have been very nervous. It is hard to stay sleep. I am glad that I am not the only one with this problem after almost a year of my surgery. I do too have been looking forward to have this behind, but sounds like I do need more time to recuperate. What are you guys doing to cope with the pain and fatigue?
Thank you,
Luna2012
Unread 08-06-2013, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luna2012 View Post
Dear Sisters,
I have 10 months after my total laparoscopic surgery and I am still in pain specially on my left ovary. My ovaries were left. I do get very tired in the evening and have been very nervous. It is hard to stay sleep. I am glad that I am not the only one with this problem after almost a year of my surgery. I do too have been looking forward to have this behind, but sounds like I do need more time to recuperate. What are you guys doing to cope with the pain and fatigue?
Thank you,
Luna2012
I find that laying down and icing my belly helps with the pain. As far as the fatigue, I've gone back to taking my iron pills and multi vitamins. Also just resting and not overdoing it helps. You might want to talk to your doctor about checking your thyroid and iron levels.
Unread 08-07-2013, 09:34 AM

Dear reese42,
Thank you for your reply. I will schedule an appoint w my GYN to have him check my thyroid and iron levels as you suggested.
Regards,
Marlene

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register