had surgery on 23rd-thanks to everyone | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

had surgery on 23rd-thanks to everyone had surgery on 23rd-thanks to everyone

Unread 05-31-2003, 05:29 PM
had surgery on 23rd-thanks to everyone

thanks so much to everyone that helped me through everything
had a tah - bso - got your card and i can sit for a while - dr. said i had a deep pelvis and it took a little longer than he thought - lots of bruising around cut -
the main thing i can urge you fellow isters that is you have time - and are overweright - try to lose some and build up those lower leg muscles they will be your strength -
i am doiing well - but am not going out until next friday - my 76 year old best friend says it's not worth it - and i trusted her -
all the info helped so much - like the pillow on the way home - ouch... - the chap stick in the hospital - life saver - - and please girls keep on top of the nurses if you are in pain and if you call for anything - don't be afraid to call again if they don't come in - i called to get up to go to the bathroom - it took them 25 minutes only because i didn't want to puch the button again and almost had to be put back ont he cath - it was the worst of the whole thing - they had to bring a pump in and take it out - it was so painful - - when i finally got up to go to the bathroom - i ouldn't - bad - iiiii ask the nurse if she would run the shower head with warm water over the hand - it worked thank god - she said whatever it takes honey -
i am still watching everything i eat - i am kind of like acting like i had the surgery to staple my stomach and measure everything - it took a hyster to realized how i have not ben taking care of my most beaustiful body - i am about 35 pounds over weight and believe me - that extra 35 lbs. can be felt everytime i pull myself up off the couch my bed it too lower to get in and out of - i am really ashamed of myself and once my next week is up and will try and will get myself back in shape.
sorry am going on and on - but that pouch in your stomach i think hindered my self - i know where i need to be and i am positive i can do it

thanks to you all again and again - it was great knowing you all

xoxoxo
cjeani
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-31-2003, 07:02 PM
Welcome home

Glad to hear you home
thank you for posting your story of the castle. I wish you a speedy recovery
Unread 06-01-2003, 09:14 PM
had surgery on 23rd-thanks to everyone

Welcome home CJ!!!

Take it slow, girl! You're doing good by watching what you're eating but don't push that loverly bod of yours too fast too soon or it'll revolt and kick you back on your arse!
I just had my 3 week post op anniversary this past friday and this weekend has been an absolute BREEZE for me, i'm almost embarrassed to admit it! I have no pain at all, just alittle tenderness if i try to pick up something too heavy (i avoid that though, it's just soooooooooo much easier that way!) and honestly have forgotten several times that i even HAD the surgery!!
SOOOOOOOOOOOOO.....Keep drinking (the more ya drink, the more ya tinkle and get everything used to what it's supposed to do again!), resting and walking like a good princess and pretty soon you'll be ready to take on the world!
love,
becki

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register