incision question...gosh i feel like such a wine bag | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

incision question...gosh i feel like such a wine bag incision question...gosh i feel like such a wine bag

Unread 02-01-2006, 10:56 PM
incision question...gosh i feel like such a wine bag

ok..i know alot of you read my post earlier where i had basically went on a rant this morning,freaked out,cleaned my kitchen,swept the floor,and walked my triplets out the door and down the street to there pre school bus.... yes,i know i am stupid,and i know it was a bad no no...heres my question...is it normal sometimes for a little part of the insicion to pop open,and is it normal for something icky sticky to ooze out of it? it isnt to terribly painful,in fact right at the moment,im actually laying on my stomache at 6 days post op cause my back is killin me,it does burn some,and just the oozing....thanks all....and i know what i did was bad..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-01-2006, 11:19 PM

you are overdoing it stop i repeat stop it is not normal to pop open your insision it could get infected call your doctor do you have help i hope so with triplets any relatives or friends that can help hire help if you have to does your dh help you should not be alone with three small children this soon if you overdue as you are you are going to hurt yourself more no cleaning house exspecially sweeping no no no for 6 weeks no sweeping no vacumming my dh does that not like i would or as often but he does and i bite my tongue when i want to say its not good enough i say thanks please put your feet up and get some help
Unread 02-02-2006, 12:30 AM

oh yea..my hubby and my mom have actually busted there butts non-stop since my surgery..i just had a emotional time today,and the house freaked me out...i wont do it at all anymore as i paid for it this afternoon and this evening.i was already callin my doc in the am to see if he can put me on a low dose hrt till my ovaries start working again,and im going to tell him about the insicion while iim calling..thank you for your reply...sonie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-03-2006, 11:08 AM

sonie i hope you are doing better today its friday yesterday was a bad day for me i really know how you feel when you feel like you should be able to take care of yourself ,kids ,husband, and everything else but you cant ive spent the last 31 years raising kids and 3 grandkids you feel like you need to be superwomen all the time and you just dont have time to get sick or need surgery but it happens 10 years ago i had my first surgery and was helping to raise my 2 year old granson he just turned 13 this month wow ,life is tuff i can imagine with triplets its non stop work and caring for them and your house you want the best and feel you should be able to do it, and yes it is hard not to be able to i overslept this morning i was 30 minutes late getting up so we rushed to get my gd to school she is 7 it made for a bad morning she has adhd really bad so not keeping a schedule and staying on time doesnt work scheduling very important to her every thing must be the same or she comes unglued hang in there im glad to hear your mom and dh are there to help you i am coming up on 3 weeks and im still so tired i went to the grocery store with my dh yesterday for the first time to get a few things and a 20 minute trip made me so tired i will be so glad to get my energy back i have good days then bad if i try to do to much i hope you have a good weekend hang in there life will get better
Unread 02-03-2006, 02:05 PM

Actually, it can be normal to have part of your incision pop open and stuff ooze out.... I have a hematoma under my incision, which is, apparently, a blood clot under it, and my doctor said it would be a good thing if my incision opened and it started leaking. Just be sure to call if it starts to hurt or you get feverish.... Mine is quite large, but I think you can have little ones, too. I'm just worried about how gross my scar is going to be later from so much of my incision opening...

But, holy moly, you really sound like you're having a hard time doing nothing- I know the feeling, but please say you'll stop cleaning!!!!! Take care of yourself!

K
Unread 02-03-2006, 05:59 PM
feeling very very good!

hi ladies..and thanks for all your replies...just wanted to update you...i am now 8 days post op-TAH...i am at this point feeling absolutly NO PAIN at all anywhere...if it wernt for my lack of energy,i would feel 100%...i am doing my best to not overdo it..but with 7 children and everything else,sometimes just laying is honestly not a option...but im not doing anything drastic...i just cant believe i feel so great....i cooked dinner this evening,and i did hurt slightly by the time i was done,but its been a hour now,and i feel no pain again..man i hope it continues to be like this..this is wonderful.....thans to all of you wonderful ladies.....sonie
Unread 02-03-2006, 10:10 PM

It's good to hear you've recovered from your I can imagine what a chore it is to keep up with your household but you only get one chance to heal right.

s
Unread 02-04-2006, 10:14 PM

soniek im glad your doing better thaught you had 3 kids but you have 7 that is a challenge theres always something to do but take it easy and do the little things let mom and dh do the vaccumming sweeping and getting laundry in and out do a little then relax before you do some more good luck glad your feeling so great
Unread 02-04-2006, 11:13 PM

oh i over done it..i feel like complete crap!!im hurting so bad it isnt funny,and i ran out of meds yesterday as they only sent me home with a 5 day script...i been thinking of calling the doctor on call tomorrow and see if they will phone me in a refill..i sure hope they will as i am miserable...sonie
Unread 02-06-2006, 10:01 AM

sonnie sorry to hear you are feeling bad i think we all have that great day and decide we can do things we shouldnt then the next day we are on the couch hurting i am at 3 weeks today please continue to do things slowly and relax as impossible as that seems theese first 6 weeks are so important to heel you said you ran out of pain med do you have advil soft gels or tylenol that helped me im down to 1 advil a day and making sure i take my vitamins i hope you feel better soon relax a little more

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register