Will a belly binder be needed? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Will a belly binder be needed? Will a belly binder be needed?

Unread 10-05-2012, 04:45 PM
Re: Will a belly binder be needed?

See, my doctor told me to only wear it when I needed it, otherwise I was in danger of the muscles not healing as quickly because I wouldn't be using them as often as I should.

I can't speak for anyone else, but supposedly we're about 40% healed at six weeks, 80% at six months and it takes a full year for us to get back to 100% but I haven't even had ibuprofen since the Tuesday after my surgery (exactly one week after) and feel at least 90% perfect right now. I have some mild pulling aches in the tummy, every now and then, but my incision is completely healed and I'm sleeping normally, at night, with no naps necessary during the day.

I think if you want to use one, you should speak to your doctor and see how they feel about them; you really need to follow their instructions as much as possible.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-05-2012, 08:39 PM

I got one while I was in the hospital because I felt like I kept wanting to hold my abdomen when I moved. I asked the nurse for one but apparently needed an Rx for one. So when the doctor came to see me I had them write the Rx. I was so happy to have one. It seemed to help with my swelly belly and with moving around. Now, 3 weeks post-op I only use it when I know I am going to be walking a lot. It seems to remind me to take it easy. Best of luck to you sisters with upcoming hysters!
Unread 10-05-2012, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hdaniels View Post
I am scheduled for LSH on 10/19 and am wondering if I would benefit from a belly binder?
I had a LAVH on Sept 13th and never used mine. My stomach was so tender that I didn't like anything on my stomach.
But I will probably use it when I start jogging in 3more weeks.

I ordered mine from this website and it only took a few days to arrive. So you might want to wait and see if you will want one.
Best wishes on your surgery and recovery.
TR89
Unread 10-05-2012, 11:00 PM

I had one from the hospital. I use it when walking and driving. It can get uncomfortable but helps esp if you have abdominal surg.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register