Will things get better? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Will things get better? Will things get better?

Unread 11-10-2006, 07:04 AM
Will things get better?

Hi

I'm having a bad day today. Difficult to share feelings with others but thought you might understand. !2 weeks post TAH/BSO. Evrything ok except my physical sexual responses - or rather lack of them. Was it on another site that someone described it as having the wires cut?

I just can't come to terms with it. I loved sex and all I can see stretching ahead of me now, I'm 55, is frustration. Everytime I hear a love song playing It reduces me to tears - again.

I'm very annoyed too that everything happened so quickly and I never really had time to think. Had I known then what I know now I would have asked to keep at least one ovary. The op was for potential ovarian cancer and I was told one op to take everything was preferable to having to have two ops if the biopsy was positive and I had to go back to theatre. I was clear of cancer thankfully but by that time my ovaries had gone.

And now I'm discovering that thery were more inmportant than I'd been led to believe and it makes me feel stupid for not doing more research before the op. And now it's too late.

Is there any hope that things might get back to normal or at least a different normal? I really miss the sexual side of my marriage.

Has anyone been here and seen improvement in that department? If you have please encourage me. I'm in dire need of it at the moment.

Thanks. Love Brittyx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-10-2006, 08:02 AM
Will things get better?

TOTALLY possible for it to get better. Have your hormone levels tested. MANY times it is a lack of testoserone (I can never spell that one, oops) that makes the sexual response go away. Add that back in and you are good to go again!!! This is very common and VERY fixable!!! Have hope you will feel sexy again!!!!

Unread 11-10-2006, 09:17 AM
Will things get better?

Just wanted to echo Laurie's response.
I am on hrt and have had no interuption is wanting booty. I have had a couple of other meno symptoms I need to address though.
Just to give you an idea of the scope of hormones, I had a sinus infection a few days post op. I happened to mention it to compounding pharmacist and she asked me if I had the same things after my babies and I did, she told me that it had to do with a hormone deficiency, that happens post baby or post op. Amazing huh.
Hope that helps

Hugs
Harley
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-10-2006, 09:32 AM
Will things get better?

It's only been 2 weeks....maybe you just need some more time. Take one day at a time and don't rush it...you have to wait 4 more weeks anyway, right? Talk to your dr about your hormone levels....you have some time to get things straightened out....Try not to worry so much. I'm praying for you!
Unread 11-10-2006, 09:40 AM
Will things get better?

Didnt your Dr. tell you to wait 6 weeks for sex????????
You have 4 more weeks to be concerned, you have to focus on healing, the other will fall in place in 4 weeks, if not then your Dr. can help you. Are you feeling completely healed besides missing sex?
I'm 4 weeks post TAH and really havent the energy or courage to attemt it because of being so tender yet. I'll wait for the ok at my 6 week check-up.
Unread 11-10-2006, 10:30 AM
Will things get better?

Hi

Typing error. I'm 12 weeks post op, not !2 weeks. Sorry!

Didn't have sex till week 8. It was great at first but my reactions seem to have been cut off these past two weeks. Seems I was using up the residual hormones.

I didn't want to take HRT but reading your answers I'm now considering it. I'll talk to my doctor.

Interesting about the sinus infection. I had one too after coming out of hospital.

Thank you all for your replies. It's great not to feel on you own, isn't it?

Love Britty x

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register