Femring Does it Last 3 months for anyone? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > No Uterus - No Ovaries - Yes HRT - Surgical Menopause

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Femring   Does it Last 3 months for anyone? Femring Does it Last 3 months for anyone?

Unread 08-03-2007, 03:21 PM
Femring Does it Last 3 months for anyone?

I have been on the Femring for 5 months now. It has been a Godsend because nothing else worked for me. I feel pretty good on it, however, after about 7 weeks I start to get itchy and depressed again. It is supposed to last for 12 weeks, but I sure feel like I am not getting enough after 7 or 8 weeks. Has this happened to anyone else and if so, what did you do. I am on the highest Femring available. I didn't know whether to just change it every two months (I pay $120 for it so it is very expensive) or should I ask the doctor about adding a patch after 8 weeks. I don't want to mess my system up again. I just can't stand this depression. When I feel depressed I don't want to do anything and pretty much feel like life holds no joy. I never felt this way before my hysterectomy.
Any advice?
Donna
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-03-2007, 11:05 PM

I talked to my Dr and he changed the prescription to every 10 weeks instead of 12. That way my insurance still picks it up. tbury
Unread 08-04-2007, 07:47 PM

Hello Girls

Just responding because I want to see the replies to this one.

I just started a Femring last weekend. So far, so good.

It is supposed to get over 100 degrees here this week with heat indexes close to 115.

Should be a good test for the Femring.

I pray that it does go the whole 3 months. I see my Dr. for my yearly on Sept. 11 and will ask him about what to do if it does run out.

I do feel a little less energy today that I did after intitally putting it in last weekend.... I almost felt I had too much energy those first few days and was having to take something to help me sleep.

Will keep you posted.

Sweetpea
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-05-2007, 10:45 AM

I am also 2 weeks into my Femring so I am curious as well. So far, I think I feel pretty good on it though I did have a bad hot flash last night but I hope it was just one isolated flash.

Sweat Pea- if you look at the package insert, you'll see that Femring gives you a huge burst of estrogen (like 10 times the dosage) for the first 8 hours or so, then it drops and is supposed to be very steady for three months. You may have been reacting to that surge. Keep me posted on how you are doing since we started at about the same time.
Unread 08-05-2007, 05:56 PM

Ladies:

I have been reading your comments on Femring with interest as it sounds to be a very promising form of estrogen HRT that I have not yet tried. (tried patch, sublingual, gel with not much luck)

I am now on pellets and absoltuley love them (except the expense!), but Femring sounds like steady dosing too (3 months is pretty steady) and it might be covered more often by insurance(than pellets) and a little easier to control the estrogen. I think I will ask my dr about this too.

What do you ladies do for tesosterone replacement therapy, if anything at all?

Keep the feedback coming. I will be interested in how long it last for each of you.

Thanks!
Unread 08-05-2007, 06:27 PM

I was on testosterone pills, but am now off of them. When I went to the ring my doctor took me off everything else. However, I am going to a new doctor at the end of the month and I am going to ask about it. I feel I need something to help me with mood and energy.
Unread 08-05-2007, 07:17 PM

My mood and energy have increased so dramatically, that I do not feel the need for testosterone right now.

I am not in a relationship, but have not felt any overwhelming increase in libido, since starting the Femring-so cannot say that it has helped any in that department.

My insurance does cover it-only a $20 co-pay-it is even cheaper than the Vivelle Dot, which was $20 per month. This is only every 3 months!

Thanks for the posts. So far, so good and it has been a terribly hot day here-cannot say I am any worse for the wear and have been outside several times today.

Sweetpea

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register