ovarian cyst after total hysterectomy & BSO (2006) - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Separate Surgeries

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

ovarian cyst after total hysterectomy & BSO (2006) ovarian cyst after total hysterectomy & BSO (2006)

Unread 01-24-2007, 05:25 AM
ovarian cyst after total hysterectomy & BSO (2006)

Thanks to all of you that have responded to this thread. Linda, I am sorry it has been a while since I responded to you. I have truly been so depressed about this entire situation. I went to my colon doctor last week to get his input on all of this and he was adamant that I needed to get someone ASAP to take a look with laproscopic surgery to find out exactly what is going on. I have been so worried about what might be going on with my bowel since I was told after surgery that they had to leave some endometriosis on there since they were not prepped for that type of surgery. It was the doctor's belief at that time since they removed my ovaries that it would go away since it had nothing to thrive on. Considering that I have learned now that I either have quite a bit of my left ovary left and/or an ovarian remnant which contains a cyst, there is no telling where the endometriosis has spread. It is my sincere feeling that my OB/Gyn refuses to believe that he might have left the ovary and/or remnant behind; therefore, I have truly lost faith in him as well as my family doctor who saw "ovary and/or ovarian remnant" on the CT Scan report from last year and failed to even mention it to me. As I mentioned to you in my last message, I did speak with a doctor in New York City (he is listed as one of the top 6 doctors in the country for endometriosis) last week who at least gave me hope that something could be done -- my only problem with that is having to travel there to have the surgery, not to mention if my insurance would even cover it.

I, too, have read (and was advised by the doctor in New York) that removal of an ovarian remnant should only be performed by someone who is well trained in this type of surgery. I am having a very difficult time finding someone qualified in my city to do this. Therefore, I am getting very frustrated.

To the other ladies who responded to this thread: I would love to know the name of your doctors. Isn't it possible to do this through private e-mail. If I am breaking the rules, just advise. I guess it is obvious that I am desperate. The doctor in New York stated that it could be done through laproscopic surgery, and I am hopeful that this is true. PLEASE don't forget about me. Right now, you guys are the only ones who know how I feel. Thanks so much!!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-30-2007, 08:13 AM
ovarian cyst after total hysterectomy & BSO (2006)

"She sent me to a specailist who wanted me to try PT. I went for 6 sessions and all she did was massage my side and do ultrasound. I felt worse after the treatments but never any better."
Mimi,
So your doctor sent you for pt, meaning physical therapy? I am scheduled for that starting next week. I too had tons of problems with cysts before surgery and latley have been having this pain about where my left ovary was. After my 1yr post-op, my dr said it was adhesions and she is sending me to pt. She hadn't done any blood work or ultrasounds, just a physical exam. She also lowered my hrt because of the terrible breast pain, acne and others issues. It is a little better now but i just wonder about O.R.S.
When I had my tubal (a year before my LAVH-BSO) and went in for my 2wk check-up, I got the all clear. Well after playing with dbf that night, I ended up in the ER. Sent to another hospital by ambulance for what they thought was a severe post op infection. Turned out to be a huge ovarian cyst that had ruptured and another large one that was leaking. This was just hours after a physical exam and less than 2 wks from an laproscopic tubal surgery. So for it to go undetected like that kinda of makes me question things. Hopefully I do get great results from the PT. What was your PT like? Did you get any relief at all? Sorry for the long post.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register