Does it ever end (6 mos pain again) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Does it ever end (6 mos pain again) Does it ever end (6 mos pain again)

Unread 04-08-2005, 11:16 PM
Does it ever end (6 mos pain again)

Hi Ladies,
Well today was outside day for us. I have been fairly sedentary, and doing the usual housework stuff. Today we went out to get the Harley going and tonite, I feel like 2 months post op all over. I hurt like the very ****ens. And not where I have been feeling the pain. It is where it hurt at 6 weeks when I vaccumed, where it hurt at 2 mos when i lifted boxes that were too heavy. it just hurts. Other than the 6 mos to a year answer, can anyone tell me how to either avoid it without becoming a complete slug, or how to exercise to strengthen it? Anything, this is getting really old.....

Thanks
kat
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-08-2005, 11:39 PM

Hi kat,

Where do you hurt...the cuff area? The whole pelvic area? I don't know the answers, but I've got my appointment for this Thursday. I hope to learn something. I'll ask your slug/exercise question too.

I know it's disappointing not to feel better at this late stage, but hang in there. There's probably more of us who aren't back to normal yet than we think.

Take care,
Maralyn
Unread 04-09-2005, 08:56 AM

Hi Maralyn,
I just want to feel back to 100% and guess maybe I shoudl stop whining.... I feel once again today pretty darned good. I know that this whole thing could take a year, and it was that incisional pain last night. when my belly would jiggle or if I touched it wrong, there was that residual pain of doing too much. Upon thinking about it, there probably isnt much I can do as it isnt 'muscular', it is just the healing pangs of the gaping wound!!

I hope you can find answers and am really curious what your doctor says. I have a complete booked for June with my GP so will definitely ask him what is going on. Dont think it is worth tryin to find a doctor to answer my questions much before then... Dont trust most docs in this city...Sad state I am in....hehe

Anyhow hugs, and thanks...
Kat
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-09-2005, 09:55 AM
Re: Does it ever end (6 mos pain again)

Quote:
Originally posted by harley_kat
I have been fairly sedentary, and doing the usual housework stuff.
You lie!! (I saw your other post)

If getting on a Harley is anything like getting on a horse after you haven't ridden in awhile (((whether or not you've had a hyst))) you're going to be walking funny for a day or so...what's a cowgirl to do?

So, aside from the 6-12 mo answer, I think it's 'use it or lose it'. I wouldn't avoid it and take on the life of a slug, just maybe do it a little at a time at first, however my sisterly advice is that vacuuming should be avoided for the rest of your life.

joano

BTW, forgot to say - I have noticed a big difference in the last 2 months, (I'm coming up on 6 mo) and now have up to 10 days at a time when I have no reminders of my hyst at all. Before that started to happen, I was really beginning to wonder if the incisional pain would ever go away.
Unread 04-09-2005, 01:57 PM

Kat:
Dont despair girl.
I am coming up on a year and I STILL have a couple days a month when I feel as though I have been hit smack in the body with a very large log--- You know, the ones from the REDWOOD forest.
Seriously, I know it is hard to be patient, but patient you must be... We are all still healing and it just takes time. I know this is NOT what you wanted to hear, but its truth! Snickers speaks the truth...
Hugs to you anyway, as now I know you want to beat me with that log.................
snickers
Unread 04-09-2005, 04:07 PM

Joana, I have not yet gotten to ride on the Harley. its funny I said I hadnt done anything, but as soon as I saw your post, I do realize that no we havent gotten the bike started, and that yes I may well have been on it, tryin to kick it over.... Funny how that isnt considered work!! And completely and totally slipped my mind....And yes, I am still avoiding vacumming like the plague. Soon my dust bunnies will be large enough to do it themselves...

Snickers I would never hit you with a large log. I would hurt myself lifting it!! I am glad to hear that I am not alone in this crusade for complete healing.

Hugs to all
Kat
Unread 04-09-2005, 04:08 PM

KAT:
your are such a cutie.... You just made my day
hugs

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register