Surgery date set | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Surgery date set Surgery date set

Unread 08-15-2001, 07:03 PM
Surgery date set

Well the time is getting closer. My surgery date has been scheduled for 8/29/01. Less than two weeks away. I leave for vacation Friday getting back Tuesday. One more getaway before the kids go back to school and Mom is laid up for awhile. The time will pass very quickly.

I'm going to have a TAH. Doc says I have verly large fibroids, which enlarged the uterus, therefore I can't pass the uterus through the vagina. So, she has to do an abdominal cut.

This all started about this time last month, when I was bleeding very abnormally. Passing clots the size of a luncheon plate. Felt like I was giving birth. Ended up having a D&C done. Doc found the fibroids and polyps in my uterus. Didn't know what fibroids were and thought polyps were only in sinuses. I would of never of guessed. Pathology report came back, NO sign of cancer. YYIIPPEE! Good News. Funny thing, the pathologists called doc to see if it was possible I had a miscarriage. Nope, had my tubes tied ten years ago. Very slim change. Doc told me that I have the worst uterus she has seen in 25 years of her career.

I think I'm ready. Scared. Don't like the idea of me (mom, wife, stong one, keeps things going) being the one that is going to be out of commission for a while. I have a 15 year son, who has battled cancer for 13 years. He's been through surgeries, radiation and chemo treatments, never have I been scared like I am about my surgery. Why is that? I always knew he would make it out of surgery ok, that we would get through his treatments, and we would go on living as if none of that was going on. We had out moments, but we got through it.

Sorry to run off with the thoughts, but bottom line is, I'm scared!!!!

Hope everyone is doing great. Take care and I'll be chatting with you all soon,

Take Care and God Bless!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-16-2001, 07:13 AM
Surgery date set

okseb - It's very NORMAL to be scared prior to surgery...know I was. I couldn't stop thinking about all the "what ifs"...but my surgery and recovery were uneventful.

We'll be with you every step of the way
Unread 08-19-2001, 06:48 AM
Surgery date set

I can relate to all the doudts and fears. But just remember to take care of yourself. I had all the same worries and everything turned out fine. As a matter of fact not half as bad as I had figured. Boy was I surprised. My dh says that I am stubborn and wouldn't listen to him when he said it would all be ok. Boy was he right. Good luck and we will be waiting on the other side to hear from you to see how you are doing. You will be in my prayers. Just remember to and with :caution:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-19-2001, 06:52 PM
Surgery date set

Hi Okseb!!

You have been through a lot and although I know you are worried and nervous, which is very normal, I think this surgery will probably give you a much better quality of life without the pain.

You sound like a very strong woman having had your little guy going through cancer and treatments. Having gone through chemo myself, I know what I went through, and I also know what my sister who was staying with me during treatment weeks went through with me when I would be so ill after treatments. Its a tough old battle for sure, and I am so glad you son is doing well!!

All the best on the 29th Okseb. I will keep you and your family in my prayers!!
Hugs,
Maria
Unread 08-22-2001, 10:13 AM
Thank You Ladies

Thank you for your thoughts, suggestions, encouragements, and prayers. In the end when it's all over, I'll probably say, "why did I worry so much." I guess it's just natural. I go for my pre-op tomorrow. This time next week, the surgery will be over. I'll be checking in as soon as it's possible. Take Care.
Unread 08-22-2001, 12:04 PM
Surgery date set

I just wanted to agree with everyone lese - it is VERY normal to be scared. I was absolutely terrified, couldn't think of anything else but all the "what if's". I know it's not much help, but please know that you're not alone.

I also had a TAH for a large fibroid (had to have a vertical incision due the size of the little monster!). If you have any questions at all about anything (preparation, recovery, etc), please feel free to e-mail me directly, or post your questions here - we'll all do our best to help!

Hang in there!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register