LSH recovery concerns | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

LSH recovery concerns LSH recovery concerns

Unread 09-06-2009, 08:10 PM
LSH recovery concerns

Does anyone really know how long recovery time for LSH should be? I go to my doc on Tuesday and he's the type of doc that says you can go back to work in 2 days after surgery. Am I a baby or what? I can't imagine going back to work right now, and it was two weeks on Friday. I still am very tired, slow going, and really swollen in my tummy still. It hurts to touch my skin on my lower abdomen and I felt very dizzy today. Is this all normal?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-07-2009, 12:00 AM
Re: LSH recovery concerns

Prior to my LSH, my dr said, "They say recovery is 2 weeks, but that's bs, usually about six days." Now I have to laugh at that! Granted I have fluid and an abscess over my cervix and had to be readmitted to hospital, but I feel like crap...not sure which is normal recovery or the abscess, but i have severe pelvic pain, vaginal shooting pains at times, bad bladder pain, when i urinate i want to scream and no infection, stopped bleeding after first 3 days, but that started back up in ER last Friday and still bleeding enough for a pad, slow to move around, blurry vision, hot flashes, i'm not a happy camper! LOL He did not tell me any of this beforehand...now he says "oh i told you your bladder would be irritated for about six months." NO he didn't. I'm still having to take pain pills too and it will be 3 wks post-op on Wed.
Does your lower right incision poof out some and hurt...like it's not level with the rest of your tummy? Do you still have the stiches showing in your incisions and belly button? I do. Are you putting anything on it?
It's good to talk to someone who had the same type of surgery...I would def. say you are normal and doing well, esp. since you had yours two days later than I did. I don't work now, but I honestly can't imagine even thinking about having to go if i did at this point. I rode to my dr's appt. and that killed me. I would get an extension on your note for another week. Hope you feel better...PM me if you want.
Unread 09-07-2009, 03:37 PM

Gosh, now I feel bad for complaining! I sure hope that you start feeling better soon! It sounds like you have had a bad time.

I go to my doc tomorrow, so I am hoping he will let me stay home one more week from work.

I sure hope you will keep me posted on how you are doing?

Karen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-07-2009, 03:40 PM

Oh and also, my steristrips are still on my incisions, but i would say they all are doing well. No complaints there yet. I am sure he will take those off tomorrow and then I will let you know how they look. My left side is the side that hurts more than the other areas, as he said that is where he removed the uterus. I had fibroids the size of a soccer ball..I was huge! I feel great with those out of there, but just sluggish right now. I think I have a sinus infection and that's why I don't really feel that hot. I go to doc tomorrow, so hopefully I will have some better news to report.

Get well!

Karen
Unread 09-07-2009, 04:13 PM

Hi Jays,

You are not a baby. No way. A LSH is a less invasive hyst and it is still MAJOR sugery.

I also had a LSH and in my opinion..I think we LSH ladies all heal at different speeds. We have one chance to get our recovery right...so take all the time you need and don't feel rushed. It is your body...not your Dr's..so just continue to listen to what your body is telling you.

Sending best wishes with your recovery~

Mary
Unread 09-07-2009, 05:56 PM

Jays, I hope you get over that sinus infection! You surely don't need that right now.
That makes sense..he pulled my uterus out on the lower right side, opposite of yours. Guess that's why it's slower healing and larger.
take care,
Deb
Unread 09-07-2009, 07:18 PM

My surgeon told me to listen to my body when it came to doing things. And he told me to remember that it might be little incisions but it was still major surgery.
I agree with him, listen to your body. It knows....
Unread 09-07-2009, 07:35 PM

My dr is keeping me away from work 6 to 8 weeks. She said minimum 4 weeks.
You are not a baby at all. I am still in a lot of pain on my left side and it's really hard for me to sit.
I am feeling better every day, but still I would not go back to work in 2 weeks. Not sure why some dr's are pushing their patients like that.
Unread 09-07-2009, 11:49 PM

I don't know about the majority but I'm in the same boat. I'm not at two weeks yet but still, my doctors were talking like I would be back to my normal schedule within a week. I am far from that! I wake up in some pain, I take some Motrin and Tylenol and then take a shower and when I'm done with that, I want to take a nap! It hurts to sit up for too long and when I get up to fast, I get light headed and dizzy. I think whatever you're going through is perfectly normal for you and you shouldn't try to push yourself to hard. If you're not ready, tell your doctor so. Don't push yourself too hard, you only have this one chance to heal.
Unread 09-08-2009, 12:35 AM

I'm sorry to hear you are feeling bad! I must of got lucky because i started feeling good 2 weeks after my TAH! everyone heals differently! Just take your time! xoxo gina

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register